[Solved] How to trigger on Onkyo power standby?

Posted on
Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:25 pm
CraftGeek offline

[Solved] How to trigger on Onkyo power standby?

Hi,

I have and Onkyo TX-NR626 and your plugin version 1.5.15.

I can trigger an action on the Onkyo powering on but not powering off. I think that this is because the "isPoweredOn" state is limited to a toggle of On/Off in the plugin but my receiver reports "standby" when it is powered off. Is this something I need to adjust in the receiver or is it an issue with the plugin?

Thanks
Sean
Last edited by CraftGeek on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean

Posted on
Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:40 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: How to trigger on Onkyo power standby?

Is this something I need to adjust in the receiver or is it an issue with the plugin?

Neither... the plugin is simply checking the on/off state in that particular field. I actually have a version here, not yet released, that has a "powerState" state that can be On, Standby, Off. However, that plugin has what I think is a Python 2.6 (parameters changed on a function) issue that I need to fix up before releasing. Once I do, you should be able to trigger off that state's text instead of the boolean isPoweredOn.

Originally I thought isPoweredOn meant basically "on" or not (so not being standby/off) but that turned out to not be the case. I didn't know how people were using that so I didn't want to change the behavior and decided to add the new state instead.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:58 pm
CraftGeek offline

Re: How to trigger on Onkyo power standby?

Solved by version 1.6.15!
:)

Sean

Page 1 of 1