Onkyo Network Remote Feedback and Discussion

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:41 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Onkyo Network Remote Feedback and Discussion

I love this plugin. However it seems broken under Indigo 7. Has anyone else encountered problems with it? Seems to still work fine with Indigo 6.

I've been running it under Indigo 7 for quite a while now without issue -- what exactly are you seeing as an error message? I assume that you updated to the I7 compatible version (v2.1.1) posted here in the forum... ?

Best information would probably come from turning on debug to high and making the error occur, then posting the relevant log lines.

Adam

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:27 pm
kennybroh offline

I'm having a problem with Indigo7: in the device list where I have my receivers defined, they are all red and the status says "plugin stopped." I can't seem to get it to start.

Ideas?

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:46 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I'm having a problem with Indigo7: in the device list where I have my receivers defined, they are all red and the status says "plugin stopped." I can't seem to get it to start.

Ideas?

We need a lot more information to debug that! Can you turn up the debugging to high and restart the plugin so that we can see the devices attempt to start up? Also, I assume you downloaded the I7 compatible version (latest posted)?

Adam

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:39 pm
kennybroh offline

I think i know what happened. I switched my ip scheme because I installed some Google Wifi units to solve inconsistent network issues in a fairly large, spread out old house. As a result, none of the 5 Onkyos had valid addresses. I suspect somehow when the plug-in couldn't connect to any of them, it shut down. Even thought I tried to reload it, it wouldn't come back up.

So, after trying everything I could think of, I rebooted the machine, and at that point the units showed a status of not connected. One by one I reset their network connections, and they came up immediately. Working fine now. Seems like it just got overloaded.

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:51 am
Different Computers offline

I have a shot at a reasonably priced used Onkyo TX-N626. Anyone using this model with the plugin? I'm optimistic since it is right in-between several model numbers that are known to work.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:19 pm
colinpartridge offline

I've been using this plugin with a similar model, the Onkyo TX-NR 616. Works well for my purposes, although the Onkyo did have to be sent back for a known issue related to Networking. Its been working fine for my purposes since.
http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/customer-service-program-118747.html

Colin

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:03 am
RogueProeliator offline

No promises, but I agree with Colin that it likely will work fine -- Onkyo has kept their IP control pretty darn stable ever since I started the plugin (several other manufacturers could learn a thing or two from them!) They have added options over time but never broken backwards compatibility (again, within the plugin's timeframe).

Adam

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 pm
kmarkley offline

Different Computers wrote:
I have a shot at a reasonably priced used Onkyo TX-N626. Anyone using this model with the plugin? I'm optimistic since it is right in-between several model numbers that are known to work.

I have this receiver and the plugin works fine with it. The receiver itself has a tendency to forget its network settings if there is a network interruption -- e.g. router reboot etc. Doesn't happen very often to me, but a hard (i.e. unplug from the wall) power cycle will fix it.

Posted on
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:12 am
hamw offline

Great plugin and almost always stable, but sometimes the plugin needs to be reloaded. Does it automatically self check? Also, any luck with getting the favorites or presets to work? I love the plugin and it would be great if it were possible to have that functionality.

Posted on
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:37 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Great plugin and almost always stable, but sometimes the plugin needs to be reloaded. Does it automatically self check? Also, any luck with getting the favorites or presets to work?

The plugin should automatically attempt to reconnect to receivers whenever it loses connection, however it does so in a regressive mode (i.e. attempts immediately, then waits a few seconds and tries again, then waits longer, etc.) I believe it eventually gives up, though I don't remember the exact amount of time/attempts off hand. I've been meaning to see about fixing that up where in it restarts it connection attempts at some point, but haven't gotten around to it.

Which presents - for the AM/FM radio?

Posted on
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:40 pm
hamw offline

I’d like to be able to summon internet radio streams from the favorites menu. Re am/fm, that works by just sending the proper number button presses, so that is all good.

Posted on
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:52 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I’d like to be able to summon internet radio streams from the favorites menu. Re am/fm, that works by just sending the proper number button presses, so that is all good.

I vaguely remember looking into that, but I don't remember the outcome; I'll check on it.

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:38 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Can you try something for me... go to Send Arbitrary Command and see if NPZ01 will tune to the first preset internet radio station (and NPZ02 the second, etc.) If that does NOT work, try NPZ1 and NPZ2.

Thanks!
Adam

Posted on
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:18 pm
hamw offline

Adam,

I tried both those commands and could not initiate an Internet radio stream. For the more, I upgraded to the new plug-in version and now my FM/a.m. radio selection no longer works. Any thoughts? Also, regarding the Internet radio thing, the plug-in has source selection etc.… Is it possible to add “play“ and “pause” functions so that Internet radio streams can be started and paused?

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:30 am
mbordas offline

I've got a TX-NR555, and it works pretty well with the plugin. I'm just noticing one issue, the plugin doesn't recognize the input "TV". Any other input I try seems to work fine, but not TV (which you can imagine is used frequently!)

I turned on debug logging and I can see it get's an command for input-selector 18, but I guess that's not mapping to anything?

Code: Select all
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('input-selector', 18)
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('listening-mode', 'theater-dimensional')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: listeningModeQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "listeningMode" to "theater-dimensional"

For comparison this is what I see when I switch to 'CD':

Code: Select all
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('input-selector', ('cd', 'tv', 'cd'))
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: deviceInputSelectorQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Calling function inputSelectorQueryReceived
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Updating current input number/label: 23 / CD, TV/CD
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('listening-mode', 'stereo')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: listeningModeQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "listeningMode" to "stereo"

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas?