Onkyo Network Remote Feedback and Discussion

Posted on
Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:02 pm
polycron offline

Re: Onkyo Network Remote Feedback and Discussion

Thanks Adam!

By the way, the TX-NR535 works great with the plugin.

Jeff

Posted on
Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:15 am
RogueProeliator offline

Jeff, I posted the new version to the same download link available in the original thread; this includes the ability to send an arbitrary command string to the Onkyo receiver -- just go to the Plugins -> Onkyo Network Remote Plugin -> Send Arbitrary Command option. You will want to toggle on full debugging if you want to see the returned values.

For the tuner preset, my guess is that you are correct on your command guess... try:
PRS01 (Note that 01 can be changed, but will be in hexadecimal format)

Honestly, for the Pandora control, I have no idea whatsoever... the NTC command says "Network/USB Operation Command (Network Model Only after TX-NR905)", but I've never tried any of the network or USB features. NTCCHUP may work as you suggest. Will just have to try and see...

For pulling artist/album, you can try these but I've never tried these before so no idea what you will get back...
NATQSTN
NALQSTN
NTIQSTN
NTRQSTN

Let me know what works/doesn't and I can see about getting new actions and commands into the plugin. You'll need to post the returned values from the Indigo Log for me to be able to setup the response parsing.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:25 pm
rlust offline

I have a TXNR515 and the plugin had been working fine. Since I upgraded to the more recent versions it is not working.
I am getting the following error messages.. Andy ideas ?

Thanks !!

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Initializing RPFrameworkPlugin
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin RPFrameworkConfig.xml not found at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFrameworkConfig.xml, skipping processing
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Customizing MenuItems.xml
Started plugin "Onkyo Network Remote Plugin 1.5.15"
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Database access has been disabled, skipping connection
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Entering deviceStartComm for Onkyo Cable; ID=136654138
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error exception in deviceStartComm(Onkyo Cable): exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not str
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Version check initiated
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Your plugin version, v1.5.15, is current.

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:43 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Did you by chance rename the plugin and/or downloaded file prior to installing the update? The issue is that it is looking for this file and it can't be found (without it the plugin won't be able to configure itself for the Onkyo device):

Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFrameworkConfig.xml
Adam

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2015 7:33 am
rlust offline

I have not renamed the plugin. I have tried to delete the plugin and start over but still getting error message that xml file cannot be found.

Any ideas on how to start over and get around this error?

Happy to send logs if that helps.

Thanks!
Randy

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2015 7:36 am
RogueProeliator offline

Any ideas on how to start over and get around this error?

Can you see if that exact file exists? Easiest way may be in terminal, just do:

Code: Select all
more /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFrameworkConfig.xml
It should spit out the contents of the file if it is found. I remember reading a similar situation to this with another plugin when the user was using a case-sensitive file system, so this should check that the exact path is readable.

Adam

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2015 7:50 am
rlust offline

Adam,

The file is not there.

Result
/Library/Application: No such file or directory
Support/Perceptive: No such file or directory
Automation/Indigo: No such file or directory
6/Plugins/Onkyo: No such file or directory
Network: No such file or directory
Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server: No such file or directory
Plugin/RPFrameworkConfig.xml: No such file or directory

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2015 7:58 am
rlust offline

I think I might have found the issue.
Onkyo Network Remote-2.indigoPlugin

This is the name for the plugin with a -2.

I think the issue is that when I downloaded the plugin there was an old one in my downloads folder.

This caused the -2.

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2015 8:12 am
rlust offline

How do I remove any trace of the plugin and start over?

I have deleted it out of the plugins directory and the prefs/ plugin.

Thanks for your help!

Randy

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2015 9:49 am
RogueProeliator offline

This is the name for the plugin with a -2

Yup, that would be an issue... Delete from the plugins and disabled plugins, as I believe you said you had done, to be 100% sure I would stop/restart the Indigo server so that it doesn't have any cached knowledge of the plugin. Then be sure the filename is named normally (sans the -2) and double click it.

I have on my list to allow the filename to be based on the plugin's directory in some way, but for now it just uses the plugin name, hence the issue with the -2 in the name.

Adam

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2015 11:43 am
rlust offline

I have had no luck in removing the plugin completely.

Deleted in the following:
pluugins
plugins disabled
Preferences/plugins.

Then closed Indigo and restarted.
Plugin still shows up in list

If I now try to add plugin back I get the following error:
v1.5.15 of plugin "Onkyo Network Remote Plugin" is already installed and enabled
Error (client) getXmlFromPlugin() caught exception: empty XML string returned
Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Error in plugin execution CallPluginFunc:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 603, in getPrefsConfigUiXml
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/minidom.py", line 1928, in parseString
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
<class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>: no element found: line 1, column 0

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2015 11:54 am
rlust offline

Got it working!

I had to copy the new plugin into the plugin directory, the stop and start the server.
Just restarting the program did not seem to work.

I am now able to create devices and volume control.

Thanks for your help!

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2015 1:02 pm
rlust offline

Well I thought I had it working,

The volume control works fine, but when I send an action or a trigger I get the following error.

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkPlugin.py", line 1117, in executeAction
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkIndigoAction.py", line 118, in generateActionCommands
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'RPFrameworkIndigoActionDfn' object has no attribute 'indigoId'

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2015 1:20 pm
RogueProeliator offline

That error appears to be within my debugging code that executes whenever you send invalid parameters to an action -- I'll correct up the debug code, but how are you attempting to execute the action? From a script?

This error is likely either a missing required parameter or an invalid value for a parameter (such as a negative number for a volume, a non-integer where an integer is expected, etc.) In theory, had the debug code been working, the actual message would have been printed to the log. Simply typo on my part, so I can get that correctly soon... but in the meantime we can probably figure out what is missing or wrong in your case.

You may be able to get more information before it gets to that point by turning on the debugging to at least Medium, executing the action, and then turning off debug.

Adam

Posted on
Fri May 29, 2015 10:24 pm
Rocco offline

Thanks for the plug-in Adam!

I can't seem to get Zone 2 control to work. Here's what I get when I try a volume change through the virtual volume control:

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Dimmer Command: ActionId=SetBrightness; Device=170023562; actionValue=58
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Execute condition failed, skipping execution for command: sendEISCPCommand
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Execute condition failed, skipping execution for command: sendEISCPCommand

On/Off toggling through indigo touch results in this :
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Execute action called for non-managed action id: Toggle

Power toggle on the main zone VVC through touch has the same bad result, but volume works there, and both volume and power on the main zone work through the indigo interface.

Any thoughts? Need more info? it's an NR616

thanks!
Rocco

Page 5 of 11 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11