High Sierra

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:11 am
vtmikel offline

High Sierra

Hi-

High Sierra removes the telnet binary which seems to break the plugin. I used Brew to restore the binary and that seems to have corrected the problem. My own plugins use the python telnetlib libraries and they seem to be working without the telnet binary.

Just FYI

Mike

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 am
vtmikel offline

Re: High Sierra

I spoke too soon. I am getting these errors:

Code: Select all
Nov 17, 2017 at 9:40:28 AM
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Error during background processing
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkTelnetDevice.py", line 262, in concurrentCommandProcessingThread
    responseText = RPFrameworkUtils.to_unicode(self.readIfAvailable(ipConnection, lineEndingToken, commandResponseTimeout))
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/onkyoNetworkRemoteDevice.py", line 179, in readIfAvailable
    return self.readLine(connection, lineEndingToken, commandResponseTimeout)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/onkyoNetworkRemoteDevice.py", line 164, in readLine
    header = eISCP.eISCPPacket.parse_header(header_bytes)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eISCP.py", line 198, in parse_header
    assert len(bytes) == 16
AssertionError

Posted on
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:53 pm
vtmikel offline

RogueProeliator,

I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind taking a quick look at this for me. I booted up a VM with Indigo and confirmed that your plugin works fine with my Onkyo configured on OS X El Cap. In High Sierra, several functions cause the plugin to fail according the debug logs that comes out of the plugin. Zone 2 state changes, in particular, seem to be causing problems.

I've attached a list of my logs during a restart of the plugin. Both Indigo instances have the same Onkyo configured.

Hopefully I can help fix this myself but I'm so far at a loss as to what is happening. Appreciate if you can help.

Mike
Attachments
El_Cap_log.txt
(93.9 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
HS_Log.txt
(59.44 KiB) Downloaded 192 times

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:29 am
RogueProeliator offline

I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind taking a quick look at this for me. I booted up a VM with Indigo and confirmed that your plugin works fine with my Onkyo configured on OS X El Cap. In High Sierra, several functions cause the plugin to fail according the debug logs that comes out of the plugin. Zone 2 state changes, in particular, seem to be causing problems.

Hey Mike:

I just returned from a vacation visiting family in the sticks for Thanksgiving... I've added this to a growing list of Indigo-related things to investigate this weekend. Hope to have some sleep and maybe a bit of time tomorrow; if not then this weekend for sure.

Adam

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:16 pm
vtmikel offline

Thanks. I available to help. Would love to get this solved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:28 am
RogueProeliator offline

This error seems to be buried deeply within the Onkyo library that the plugin uses to parse and encode the messages to/from the receiver... the packet for the header of the communication message structure is less than the expected size (the specific error message is an assertion due to the header not being 16 bytes... but the caller is requesting only (up to) the first 16 bytes, so it must be less than 16 bytes.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the handling of sockets - not waiting for the full input or the like. A couple of things to help narrow this down:

• Does the error happen at every status update check?
  • Is it always in, roughly, the same part of the status update -- you mentioned you thought it may be Zone 2 related, is that because the error is always within those status checks?
  • Can you turn the status updates to very infrequent and try a few manual sends to narrow down the error? Go to Send Arbitrary Command from the Plugin menu and could try any of the Zone 2 commands; the values to send for Zone 2 would be: ZPWQSTN or SLZQSTN or ZVLQSTN

Anyone else out there on High Sierra running the Onkyo plugin??

Adam

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm
vtmikel offline

Adam,

Frist off, I'm a bit embarrassed. I never wanted to upgrade to HS, I was kind-of forced by some updates to other software that I waned to be compatible with, namely my remote control (Simple Control, which is a iOS app for AV Control). At first, I was using my Simple Control remote to test what was and was not working in your plugin. However most of these are embedded in activities that are essentially macros with multiple commands to my system. To respond to your note, I fired up the Onkyo remote app to test individual commands, and found to my amazement that everything was working fine.

As it turns out, this error has nothing to do with HS, but rather SimpleControl is sending some kind of commands to the Onkyo that the plugin cannot handle. I suppose your plugin is getting these commands via the status mechanism?

Now that we know this, is there something that we can do, to handle the commands more gracefully?

Thanks again for helping getting to the bottom of this.

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:37 pm
vtmikel offline

Okay. This is bizarre. I booted up my OS X 10.12.6 again, and tested SimpleControl interacting with the Onkyo, and your plugin handled the updates just fine. I cannot figure out which individual updates are being received that are being processed differently only on my HS box. What I know for sure is that your plugin works fine when Simple Control is not open on any of my iDevices. I can't seem to do anything in the native Onkyo controller app that replicates what is happening in Simple Control, but this could be just a command that I'm not aware of. Since SimpleControl is interacting with the Onkyo directly, and your plugin is getting feedback from the Onkyo, I'm back to my original hypothesis that there is some difference in interpretation between El Cap and High Sierra.

Test 2 below shows some bizarre characters in the debug log. Does that look right to you?

Side by side test: Launching Simple Control after restarting the plugin. First code block is HS (Crash). Second is El Cap (handles fine).
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('net-usb-jacket-art', '2-http://10.66.0.51/album_art.cgi')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: (('master-volume', 'volume'), '3C')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: deviceMasterVolumeQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "masterVolumeLevel" to "60"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Calling function updateVirtualMasterVolume
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkTelnetDevice.py", line 262, in concurrentCommandProcessingThread
    responseText = RPFrameworkUtils.to_unicode(self.readIfAvailable(ipConnection, lineEndingToken, commandResponseTimeout))
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/onkyoNetworkRemoteDevice.py", line 180, in readIfAvailable
    return self.readLine(connection, lineEndingToken, commandResponseTimeout)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/onkyoNetworkRemoteDevice.py", line 164, in readLine
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eISCP.py", line 198, in parse_header
    assert len(bytes) == 16
AssertionError
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Closing connection to device

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('net-usb-jacket-art', '2-http://10.66.0.51/album_art.cgi')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: (('master-volume', 'volume'), '3C')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: deviceMasterVolumeQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "masterVolumeLevel" to "60"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Calling function updateVirtualMasterVolume
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('input-selector', ('dvd', 'bd', 'dvd'))
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: deviceInputSelectorQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Calling function inputSelectorQueryReceived
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Updating current input number/label: 10 / DVD, BD/DVD
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('listening-mode', 'all-ch-stereo')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: listeningModeQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "listeningMode" to "all-ch-stereo"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('audio-muting', 'off')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: deviceIsMutedQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "isMuted" to "False"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('input-selector', ('dvd', 'bd', 'dvd'))
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: deviceInputSelectorQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Calling function inputSelectorQueryReceived
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Updating current input number/label: 10 / DVD, BD/DVD
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('system-power', 'on')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: devicePowerQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "isPoweredOn" to "True" with UIValue "On"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('listening-mode', 'all-ch-stereo')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: listeningModeQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "listeningMode" to "all-ch-stereo"

Side by side test 2: Restarting the plugin while SimpleControl is already open:

Reloading plugin "Onkyo Network Remote Plugin 2.1.1"
   Stopping plugin "Onkyo Network Remote Plugin 2.1.1" (pid 82668)
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Entering deviceStopComm for House AV - Main Area Onkyo; ID=1156835359
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Initiating shutdown of communications with House AV - Main Area Onkyo
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Shutdown of communications with House AV - Main Area Onkyo complete
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Exiting deviceStopComm for House AV - Main Area Onkyo
   Stopped plugin "Onkyo Network Remote Plugin 2.1.1"
   Starting plugin "Onkyo Network Remote Plugin 2.1.1" (pid 83185)
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Initializing RPFrameworkPlugin
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Beginning processing of RPFrameworkConfig.xml file
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found plugin setting: pluginUpdateURL=http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=12325
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device mapping; id: onkyoReceiverNetworkRemoteDevice to class: OnkyoReceiverNetworkRemoteDevice
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device mapping; id: onkyoVolumeController to class: OnkyoVirtualVolumeController
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created device parameter for managed device "onkyoReceiverNetworkRemoteDevice": ipAddress
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created device parameter for managed device "onkyoReceiverNetworkRemoteDevice": portNumber
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created device parameter for managed device "onkyoReceiverNetworkRemoteDevice": updateInterval
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created device parameter for managed device "onkyoReceiverNetworkRemoteDevice": deviceZonesConnected
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created device parameter for managed device "onkyoReceiverNetworkRemoteDevice": deviceInputsConnected
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: childDeviceDictionaryKeyFormat=%dp:zoneNumber%
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: commandReadTimeout=0.1
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: deviceAddressFormat=%ap:ipAddress%:%ap:portNumber%
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: deviceIsChildDevice=False
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: reconnectAttemptLimit=99
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: reconnectAttemptDelay=30
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: socketConnectionTimeout=3
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: telnetConnectionDeviceStateName=connectionState
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: telnetConnectionDeviceStateBoolean=isConnected
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: updateStatusPollerActionId=updateReceiverStatusFull
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: updateStatusPollerIntervalProperty=updateInterval
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: devicePowerQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: isPoweredOn; ValueFormat=re.match("\('system\-power',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>(on)|(off)|(standby))'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value") == "on"; ValueFormatEx="On" if re.match("\('system\-power',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>(on)|(off)|(standby))'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value") == "on" else "Standby"; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=eventCallback; Param: updateVirtualMasterVolume; ValueFormat=; ValueFormatEx=; Eval=False; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: zonePowerQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: zone2PoweredOn; ValueFormat=re.match("\('power',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>(on)|(off)|(standby))'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value") == "on"; ValueFormatEx="On" if re.match("\('power',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>(on)|(off)|(standby))'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value") == "on" else "Standby"; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: deviceSleepTimerQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: sleepTimer; ValueFormat=int(re.match("\('sleep\-set',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>[A-F\d]+)'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value"),16); ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: deviceMasterVolumeQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: masterVolumeLevel; ValueFormat=int(re.match("^\(\('master\-volume',\s*\'volume\'\),\s*\'{0,1}(?P<value>[A-F\d]+)\'{0,1}\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value"),16); ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=eventCallback; Param: updateVirtualMasterVolume; ValueFormat=; ValueFormatEx=; Eval=False; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: deviceZoneVolumeQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: zone2VolumeLevel; ValueFormat=int(re.match("^\('volume',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>[A-F\d]+)'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value"),16); ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=eventCallback; Param: updateVirtualZone2Volume; ValueFormat=; ValueFormatEx=; Eval=False; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: deviceZoneVolumeQueryNA
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: zone2VolumeLevel; ValueFormat=0; ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=eventCallback; Param: updateVirtualZone2Volume; ValueFormat=; ValueFormatEx=; Eval=False; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: deviceIsMutedQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: isMuted; ValueFormat=re.match("\('audio\-muting',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>(on)|(off))'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value") == "on"; ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: deviceHDMIAudioOutQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: hdmiAudioOut; ValueFormat=re.match("\('hdmi\-audio\-out',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>(on)|(off))'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value") != "off"; ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: listeningModeQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: listeningMode; ValueFormat=re.match("^\('listening\-mode',\s{0,1}(?P<value>('|\().+('|\)))\)$", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value").replace("'", "").replace("(", "").replace(")", ""); ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: deviceInputSelectorQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=eventCallback; Param: inputSelectorQueryReceived; ValueFormat=; ValueFormatEx=; Eval=False; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: zone2InputSelectorQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=eventCallback; Param: zone2SelectorQueryReceived; ValueFormat=; ValueFormatEx=; Eval=False; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: tunerFrequencyQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: tunerFrequency; ValueFormat=re.match("\('tuning',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>[\d\.]+)'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value"); ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: currentVideoOutResQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: videoOutputResolution; ValueFormat=re.match("^\('monitor\-out\-resolution',\s{0,1}(?P<value>('|\().+('|\)))\)$", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value").replace("'", ""); ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: videoWideScreenModeQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: videoWideScreenMode; ValueFormat=re.match("\('video\-wide\-mode',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>[a-zA-Z\d\-]*)'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value"); ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: speakerAStatusQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: speakerAPower; ValueFormat=re.match("\('speaker\-a',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>(on)|(off)|(N/A))'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value") == "on"; ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: speakerBStatusQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: speakerBPower; ValueFormat=re.match("\('speaker\-b',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>(on)|(off)|(N/A))'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value") == "on"; ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: streamingArtistQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: networkPlayArtist; ValueFormat=re.match("\('net\-usb\-artist\-name\-info',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>.+)'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value"); ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: streamingAlbumQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: networkPlayAlbum; ValueFormat=re.match("\('net\-usb\-album\-name\-info',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>.+)'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value"); ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: streamingTitleQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: networkPlayTitle; ValueFormat=re.match("\('net\-usb\-title\-name',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>.+)'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value"); ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device response: streamingTitleStatus
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response effect: Type=updateDeviceState; Param: networkPlayStatus; ValueFormat=re.match("\('net\-usb\-play\-status',\s{0,1}'(?P<value>.{3})'\)", "%cp:response%").groupdict().get("value"); ValueFormatEx=; Eval=True; Condition=
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created device parameter for managed device "onkyoVolumeController": sourceReceiver
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created device parameter for managed device "onkyoVolumeController": zoneNumber
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created device parameter for managed device "onkyoVolumeController": maxVolume
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: deviceAddressFormat=Zone: %ap:zoneNumber%
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: deviceIsChildDevice=True
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found device setting: deviceParentIdProperty=sourceReceiver
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: updateReceiverStatusFull
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setPowerStatus
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Processing 1 params for action
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setPowerStatus": powerCommand
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setZonePowerStatus
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Processing 2 params for action
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setZonePowerStatus": zone
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setZonePowerStatus": powerCommand
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setSleepTime
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setSleepTime": sleepTime
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: adjustVolumeLevel
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Processing 3 params for action
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "adjustVolumeLevel": zone
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "adjustVolumeLevel": adjustmentType
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "adjustVolumeLevel": repeatCount
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setVolumeLevel
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setVolumeLevel": zone
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setVolumeLevel": volumeLevel
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setAudioMuting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setAudioMuting": zone
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setAudioMuting": muteCommand
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setHDMIAudioPassthrough
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setHDMIAudioPassthrough": hdmiAudioOutCmd
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setListeningMode
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setListeningMode": listeningMode
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setCurrentInput
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setCurrentInput": zone
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setCurrentInput": inputNumber
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: tuneToStation
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "tuneToStation": zone
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "tuneToStation": station
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setVideoOutResolution
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setVideoOutResolution": videoResolution
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setVideoOutWideScreenMode
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setVideoOutWideScreenMode": videoMode
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setVideoPictureMode
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setVideoPictureMode": videoMode
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setSpeakerOnOff
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setSpeakerOnOff": speakerSet
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setSpeakerOnOff": speakerCommand
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setSpeakerTone
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Processing 3 params for action
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setSpeakerTone": speakerTarget
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setSpeakerTone": toneType
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setSpeakerTone": newValue
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: setAuxTriggerOnOff
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setAuxTriggerOnOff": triggerId
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "setAuxTriggerOnOff": powerState
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: TurnOn
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: TurnOff
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: Toggle
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: SetBrightness
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "SetBrightness": actionValue
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: StatusRequest
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found managed action: SendArbitraryCommand
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Created parameter for managed action "SendArbitraryCommand": commandToSend
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Successfully completed processing of RPFrameworkConfig.xml file
   Started plugin "Onkyo Network Remote Plugin 2.1.1"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Returning default GUIConfigValue for plugin:databaseConnectionEnabled
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Database access enabled:
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Database access has been disabled, skipping connection
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Entering deviceStartComm for House AV - Main Area Onkyo; ID=1156835359
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Read device state config... isConnected: "isConnected"; connectionState: "connectionState"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Establishing connection to 10.66.0.51
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Exiting deviceStartComm for House AV - Main Area Onkyo
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Returning default GUIConfigValue for plugin:pluginCommandQueueIdleSleep
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Version check initiated
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Connection established
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin     Checking for updates...
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Returning default GUIConfigValue for onkyoReceiverNetworkRemoteDevice:telnetConnectionEOLString
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Plugin version detected: 2.1.1
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Returning default GUIConfigValue for onkyoReceiverNetworkRemoteDevice:telnetConnectionStringEncoding
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Current version is: 2.1.1
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Returning default GUIConfigValue for onkyoReceiverNetworkRemoteDevice:telnetConnectionRequiresLoginProperty
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Getting latest release from RogueProeliator/IndigoPlugins-Onkyo-Receiver-Network-Remote...
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Returning default GUIConfigValue for onkyoReceiverNetworkRemoteDevice:emptyQueueReducedWaitCycles
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug GET /repos/RogueProeliator/IndigoPlugins-Onkyo-Receiver-Network-Remote/releases/latest
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 1 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Create connection command de-queued
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('net-usb-jacket-art', '2-http://10.66.0.51/album_art.cgi')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Executing full status update request...
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 22 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: PWRQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Send command completed.
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug HTTP 200 OK
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Latest release is: 2.1.1
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin     No updates are available
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('system-power', 'on')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "isPoweredOn" to "True" with UIValue "On"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 21 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: MVLQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: (('master-volume', 'volume'), '3C')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 20 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: AMTQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('audio-muting', 'off')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: deviceIsMutedQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "isMuted" to "False"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 19 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: HAOQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('hdmi-audio-out', 'off')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: deviceHDMIAudioOutQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "hdmiAudioOut" to "False"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 18 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: SLIQSTN
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkTelnetDevice.py", line 242, in concurrentCommandProcessingThread
    responseText = RPFrameworkUtils.to_unicode(self.readLine(ipConnection, lineEndingToken, commandResponseTimeout))
    assert len(bytes) == 16
AssertionError
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Closing connection to device

Nov 26, 2017, 5:30:03 PM
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('audio-muting', 'off')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('system-power', 'on')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Executing full status update request...
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 22 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: PWRQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('system-power', 'on')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 21 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: MVLQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: (('master-volume', 'volume'), '3C')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 20 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: AMTQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('audio-muting', 'off')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 19 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: HAOQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('hdmi-audio-out', 'off')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: deviceHDMIAudioOutQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "hdmiAudioOut" to "False"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 18 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: SLIQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('input-selector', ('dvd', 'bd', 'dvd'))
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 17 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: SPAQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 16 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: SPBQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 15 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: SLPQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('sleep-set', 'time-off')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 14 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: HDOQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('hdmi-output-selector', ('yes', 'out'))
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 13 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: RESQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('monitor-out-resolution', 'through')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: currentVideoOutResQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "videoOutputResolution" to "through"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 12 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: VWMQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 11 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: VPMQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 10 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: LMDQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('listening-mode', 'all-ch-stereo')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 9 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: SLAQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('input-selector', ('dvd', 'bd', 'dvd'))
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 8 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: TUNQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('listening-mode', 'all-ch-stereo')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 7 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: NATQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('audio-selector', 'hdmi')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 6 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: NALQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('net-usb-artist-name-info', ' ')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: streamingArtistQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "networkPlayArtist" to " "
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 5 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: NTIQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('tuning', '08750')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: tunerFrequencyQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "tunerFrequency" to "08750"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 4 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: NSTQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('net-usb-album-name-info', ' ')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: streamingAlbumQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "networkPlayAlbum" to " "
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 3 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: ZPWQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('net-usb-title-name', ' ')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: streamingTitleQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "networkPlayTitle" to " "
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Command queue has 2 command(s) waiting
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: SLZQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('power', 'on')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: zonePowerQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "zone2PoweredOn" to "True" with UIValue "On"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: ZVLQSTN
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received: ('selector', ('dvd', 'bd', 'dvd'))
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: zone2InputSelectorQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Calling function zone2SelectorQueryReceived
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Updating zone 2 input number/label: 10 / DVD, BD/DVD
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('volume', '2D')
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Found response match: deviceZoneVolumeQuery
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state "zone2VolumeLevel" to "45"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Calling function updateVirtualZone2Volume

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:36 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Okay, so just to summarize to be sure that I have my head wrapped around this:

• The plugin on its own (no other applications open/involved) works fine
  • The plugin works fine in conjunction with the Onkyo mobile application as far as you can tell
  • The plugin works fine when used in conjunction with SimpleControl pre-High Sierra
  • The plugin fails when used in conjunction with SimpleControl on High Sierra

I don't see any issues in those logs outside of the previous error; the strange characters that you refer I am assuming are the strange strings which are replacements and/or regular expression strings that are just shown when launching the plugin with the high debug turned on.

This is a shot in the dark, but I am wondering if SimpleControl is sending some type of character or string encoding that gets passed along to the plugin and whose handling changed with High Sierra. I don't think it is this exact scenario, but something like Unicode registering as 2 chars in one and converted to a single ASCII char in another, throwing off the length. I think our best bet is to log the incoming message if we can. If you are up for a little Python modification (if you aren't, let me know but I've seen that you have authored plugins so I am assuming you are fine with it)...

Add the second line to onkyoNetworkRemoteDevice.py, approximately line 163:
header_bytes = connection.recv(16)
self.hostPlugin.logger.debug(u'EISCP Header: [' + RPFramework.RPFrameworkUtils.to_unicode(header_bytes) + ']')

I THINK that will work, though I don't really know for sure if Python will allow that direct conversion... if not, we can break up the header with:
magic, header_size, data_size, version, reserved = struct.unpack('! 4s I I b 3s', bytes)
... and print those components that are unpacked.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:10 am
vtmikel offline

Thanks Adam,

Yes I'm fine with hacking your plugin :). I had already tried adding a simple try/catch to see if ignoring the bad commands led to a better result. This hasn't worked.

When I add the logging line you recommended (the first one worked), the Indigo log shows an empty set for headers for the commands that fail. Interestingly, I went to your plugin log folder to look at the log without other chatter from my network, and found strange characters for some of the commands, others had a empty set.

EDIT: If you would like me to add your second line of code, I might need further instructions. My Python is pretty basic.

Full log file is attached (compressed), Sublime text doesn't seem to know what to do with these characters.

Full log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlnn0fu0k7cx43g/plugin.log.zip?dl=0

Also, to make it easier to quickly review, I took a screen grab.

Mike
Attachments
ScreenShot.jpg
ScreenShot.jpg (248 KiB) Viewed 4636 times

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:40 am
RogueProeliator offline

Hey Mike:

I posted a new version of the plugin if you wouldn't mind taking a peek -- this won't have your debug code in there, so we may need to restore that -- but it does update one thing that COULD be relevant. The library that the plugin uses does not support some variable-length commands; I am not sure of the implication as I haven't researched what they are, BUT the library had an update that seemed to allow it to read or at least parse incoming variable-length commands. No idea if this is any relation, but I updated that portion of the library in case maybe SimpleControls was using one and the plugin was having issues parsing it when the Onkyo passed along a status.

If this new version still fails, any way you could get that same capture/screen shot from the last post in a pre-High Sierra mode to compare and contrast those non-printing characters. I suspect NUL is simply a NULL / empty byte but there are others in there too that I have no guess at all.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:59 pm
vtmikel offline

Thanks for continuing to work on this.

The updated plugin did not fix the issue. I think I'm closer to getting an exact comparison between the logs of the commands that are causing the crash. I'm hoping these help you more.

It seems the very first command that the plugin receives from SimpleControl immediately causes the crash. Hopefully the pattern is the same in that fixing one will fix them all, but who knows.

I'm fairly sure that the EISCP header for the command below the comment in my screenshot is the command that comes up as an empty set on the 10.13 machine and crashes. It contains a ")" character in the header, which stood out to me.

Let me know what you think.
Attachments
10.12 Log.jpg
10.12 Log.jpg (415.25 KiB) Viewed 4512 times
10.13 Log.jpg
10.13 Log.jpg (415.06 KiB) Viewed 4512 times

Posted on
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:25 am
vtmikel offline

Adam,

I've resolved my problems. There doesn't seem to be a a High Sierra incompatibility. Instead, HS seems to behave differently with the Hub for SimpleControl. It seems your plugin and it both subscribe to UDP traffic on the same port. This crashes your plugin and I'm not sure what effect it has on the hub software. I've chosen to favor your plugin and move the hub to another machine.

In testing your most recent version, I noticed that my Zone2 volume was not updating the state in your plugin. Controlling Zone 2 volume is the main use case for how I use your plugin. I downgraded to the previous version and everything is working fine.

Thanks again for your help and I apologize that the problem was never with your code.

Mike

Page 1 of 1