Unable to control shades from Indigo

Posted on
Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:06 pm
gadgetnut offline

Unable to control shades from Indigo

Hi. We have successfully installed the Autelis Shade Control for Somfy SDN. We can find the controller on the network and log in with user name and password from a web page in a browser. And we can control the shades from the web browser page.

I am using the 1.7 version of the Indigo plugin. I can add an SDN Controller in Indigo... it asks for the IP address and port number. I can add an SDN Shade using the SDN Controller I just made.

But when I look at the SDN Shade Device in Indigo, there are no control options visible. How can I reach the shades thru Indigo and how do I control them from Indigo? One thing that seems odd is that at no point did I enter credentials for a user name and password, which I need to do to reach the control page in a web browser.

Thanks very much for suggestions or pointing me towards further documentation. :D

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:03 pm
nlagaros offline

Re: Unable to control shades from Indigo

Apologies for the delayed response. With Indigo, you need to create actions to control the shades.

You do not need credentials because the plugin communicates with the Autelis device over a TCP port that requires no authentication.

Once you have the controller device, you then need to create a shade device configured to communicate with the controller device. Did you get that far?

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:48 pm
gadgetnut offline

Thanks, Nick. In Indigo, I created a new device I named Somfy SDN Controller and entered the Autelis unit's static IP address on the LAN, using port 6000. So far that's the only Somfy Autelis device I've added to Indigo.

I can create a new Indigo Action Group and now I see Autelis options, I can choose SDN Shade open or SDN Shade Group open, etc.

On the Edit Action Group page the next line down is to select a Device but nothing is available-- see screen cap below.

Again I am trying to operate a single shade or a group (= three shades in a single room) of shades from Indigo. Next steps, please?

Thank you for your help!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 11.37.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 11.37.21 AM.png (130.6 KiB) Viewed 6541 times

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:51 pm
nlagaros offline

You need to create another device for the shade itself.

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:09 pm
gadgetnut offline

OK, I created a Somfy SDN Shade for address 1.

I created an Action to use the SDN Shade Controller and I chose SDN Shade Close and for Device I selected Shade 1.

When I attempt to run the action I get lines and lines of this in the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 49, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/AutelisSomfy 2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Autelis.py", line 73, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/AutelisSomfy 2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Autelis.py", line 154, in checkForMessages
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/AutelisSomfy 2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Autelis.py", line 253, in processSDN
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'list' object has no attribute 'split'

Autelis Somfy Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:17 pm
nlagaros offline

can you enable debug mode on the plugin and run the action again please. you should restart the plugin after you set it.

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:21 pm
gadgetnut offline

Done. Do you want me to paste log here?

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:26 pm
nlagaros offline

you can post it here or send me a private message. thx.

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:32 pm
gadgetnut offline

PM sent, thanks

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:42 pm
nlagaros offline

give me a bit to look through it. i don't actually have this device.. i wrote the plugin for someone a couple of years ago so i need to step through the code and reacquaint myself with it.

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:51 pm
gadgetnut offline

Thanks very much for your attention. If I can provide any additional information from our installation (such as source code from our Autelis SDN controller web page for example), just let me know.

Posted on
Tue May 10, 2016 12:57 pm
brianlloyd offline

Did you ever get this resolved? I am getting ready to embark on implementing Somfy shades as well.

Posted on
Tue May 10, 2016 1:21 pm
gadgetnut offline

Hi, Brian. Nick, the developer of this plugin, was very responsive and helpful but, no, I never got the plugin working.

After a lot of effort and much help from other developers (especially RogueProeliator, known here in the forums) I have recently made some success integrating Somfy shade control with Indigo by way of an Autelis interface and some Python scripting. Here is another forum thread describing my current progress and challenges. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1