Sonos Plugin Setup

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:03 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Sonos Plugin Setup

Great. Now did you sign up for Ivona and enter the key & password in the plugin configuration?

Japple55 wrote:
nlagaros wrote:
What version of OS X are you running? The IVONA announcements require Python 2.7.

El Capitan,
Python 2.7.10 (default, Jul 14 2015, 19:46:27)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 6.0 (clang-600.0.39)] on darwin

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:15 am
Japple55 offline

Yes, sorry, I should have included more info in my request. I did sign up and configured the plugin accordingly.

I was originally on a Macbook Pro, running Yosemite & Python 2.6 which would account for earlier problems. But I just installed a Mac Mini and copied over my database to that. Everything else seems to be running properly.

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:18 am
nlagaros offline

There should be a file called pyvona.input in the Sonos plugin directory as well as a script called pyvona_voices.py. The script will take the input file, make the call out and create the mp3 announcement. Would you try running that in a terminal and checking the output. The result should be the creation of a file called announcement.mp3 that is greater than zero bytes.

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:22 am
Japple55 offline

Thanks Nick, I really appreciate your support! I'm away from it at the moment, but will try that as soon as I return this afternoon.
Jim

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:33 pm
wideglidejrp offline

Screenshot 2016-01-13 10.02.03.png
Screenshot 2016-01-13 10.02.03.png (85.37 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
The Sonos plugin does not show any detail inside of action groups. For lighting and switches, I can see what the device is. For a Sonos Player, I cannot see which one it is. Notice the volume settings for various rooms in the screenshot. When I want to make changes to the volume settings, I can't tell which one is which except by opening the actions. This is not productive. See screenshot.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:36 pm
nlagaros offline

Jay/Matt - is there anything I can do to expose the device name? I'm not sure it is possible, but please advise.

wideglidejrp wrote:
Screenshot 2016-01-13 10.02.03.png
The Sonos plugin does not show any detail inside of action groups. For lighting and switches, I can see what the device is. For a Sonos Player, I cannot see which one it is. Notice the volume settings for various rooms in the screenshot. When I want to make changes to the volume settings, I can't tell which one is which except by opening the actions. This is not productive. See screenshot.

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:44 pm
Japple55 offline

nlagaros wrote:
There should be a file called pyvona.input in the Sonos plugin directory as well as a script called pyvona_voices.py. The script will take the input file, make the call out and create the mp3 announcement. Would you try running that in a terminal and checking the output. The result should be the creation of a file called announcement.mp3 that is greater than zero bytes.

I do have those two files in this folder: /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/

When I ran pyvona_voices.py in Terminal I got the following error:

Last login: Wed Jan 13 12:43:27 on ttys000
/Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/pyvona_voices.py ; exit;
Josephines-Mac-mini:~ JoHome$ /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/pyvona_voices.py ; exit;
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/pyvona_voices.py", line 7, in <module>
import pyvona
ImportError: No module named pyvona
logout
Saving session...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:45 pm
nlagaros offline

You have to change to the directory with the script in it and run from there.

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:17 pm
Japple55 offline

nlagaros wrote:
You have to change to the directory with the script in it and run from there.

My apologies, noob here (as if you couldn't tell). Did I do this correctly?

Josephines-Mac-mini:Server Plugin JoHome$ python pyvona_voices.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pyvona_voices.py", line 13, in <module>
IVONAsentence_break = int(f.readline().rstrip('\n'))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'Jennifer'
Josephines-Mac-mini:Server Plugin JoHome$

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:07 pm
nlagaros offline

Don't apologize. I'm a rookie myself. Would you download the latest update to the plugin and try the announcement again? I added a bunch of logging that makes the error pop-out more gracefully. We can examine the error output and hopefully figure out what is going on. Just one note: if it does error out, your Ivona key and password will be printed in the log .. don't want you pasting those in the forum! :)

Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:29 pm
Japple55 offline

nlagaros wrote:
Don't apologize. I'm a rookie myself. Would you download the latest update to the plugin and try the announcement again? I added a bunch of logging that makes the error pop-out more gracefully. We can examine the error output and hopefully figure out what is going on. Just one note: if it does error out, your Ivona key and password will be printed in the log .. don't want you pasting those in the forum! :)

Thanks!

Thanks for the warning. Here is what I got:

Trigger Alexa turn on switch announce to Sonos
Sonos Error IVONA Input: xxx
Sonos Error IVONA Input:xxx
Sonos Error IVONA Input: Jennifer
Sonos Error IVONA Input: 400
Sonos Error IVONA Input: medium
Sonos Error IVONA Input: This is a test of Ivona text to speech
Sonos Error IVONA Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
Sonos Error IVONA Error: File "./pyvona_voices.py", line 13, in <module>
Sonos Error IVONA Error: IVONAsentence_break = int(f.readline().rstrip('\n'))
Sonos Error IVONA Error: ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'Jennifer'

Posted on
Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:23 am
nlagaros offline

This is bizarre. There are one too many lines in the IVONA Input file. There should only be two lines before "Jennifer" in the file. Curious - can you tell if the third line is actually part of the second?

Japple55 wrote:
nlagaros wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for the warning. Here is what I got:

Trigger Alexa turn on switch announce to Sonos
Sonos Error IVONA Input:xxx
Sonos Error IVONA Input: Jennifer
Sonos Error IVONA Input: 400
Sonos Error IVONA Input: medium
Sonos Error IVONA Input: This is a test of Ivona text to speech
Sonos Error IVONA Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
Sonos Error IVONA Error: File "./pyvona_voices.py", line 13, in <module>
Sonos Error IVONA Error: IVONAsentence_break = int(f.readline().rstrip('\n'))
Sonos Error IVONA Error: ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'Jennifer'

Posted on
Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:35 am
Japple55 offline

I assume you're referring to these lines: Sonos Error IVONA Input: xxx
I just ran it again and it appears to be 3 separate lines. Line 1 is the Ivona access key and lines 2 and 3 are the secret code, and they are identical.
Hope that helps.
Jim

Posted on
Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:37 am
nlagaros offline

Can you check your plugin configuration and make sure you didn't type in the secret code twice - perhaps hidden with a carriage return??

Japple55 wrote:
I just ran it again and it appears to be 3 separate lines. Line 1 is the Ivona access key and lines 2 and 3 are the secret code, and they are identical.
Hope that helps.
Jim

Posted on
Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:02 am
Japple55 offline

nlagaros wrote:
Can you check your plugin configuration and make sure you didn't type in the secret code twice - perhaps hidden with a carriage return??

Japple55 wrote:
Hope that helps.
Jim

Brilliant detective work...that was it!!! It now works great! Thanks so much for your support Nick!!!
Jim