Sonos - The Beginning

Posted on
Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:34 pm
koensayr offline

Re: Sonos - The Beginning

Thank you!

Curious how to configure the 8 button Insteon remote for music playing. I know how to actually configure it of course, more so the question is which buttons do you use for which purpose that provides the best user experience?

-Josh

Posted on
Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:43 pm
wideglidejrp offline

It is totally a user preference. You can do both a button for up and a button for down. A double tap to mute or a press and hold to start again or or or.....

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:04 am
jmortizsilva offline

Favorites an radio stations

Hi there,

I'm using version v0.9.1 and I can not access my favorite or my radio stations.

When creating a new action, I choose Sonos: RadioTime Favorite Station or Sonos Favorites and when trying to configure the settings drop-down to select the radio station or favorites are empty.

I am doing something wrong?

In previous versions of the plugin if it was able to make this choice.

Thank you
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2016-02-20 a las 13.01.38.png
Screen of de windows
Captura de pantalla 2016-02-20 a las 13.01.38.png (321.8 KiB) Viewed 3873 times

Posted on
Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:34 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Favorites an radio stations

Can you restart the plugin and look to see if it is loading favorites and radiotime stations? If you put the plugin in debug mode, restart, and post the output on startup, I can help figure this out. Thanks.

jmortizsilva wrote:
Hi there,

I'm using version v0.9.1 and I can not access my favorite or my radio stations.

When creating a new action, I choose Sonos: RadioTime Favorite Station or Sonos Favorites and when trying to configure the settings drop-down to select the radio station or favorites are empty.

I am doing something wrong?

In previous versions of the plugin if it was able to make this choice.

Thank you

Posted on
Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm
jmortizsilva offline

Hi there,

Thank you very much, I disabled the plugin and I've been reactivated and now it works.

One question, is it possible to consolidate multiple devices in the same action?

I would like to play a radio station in my two speakers have tried to include two devices in the same action, but not synchronized, you go a little earlier than the other.

I want to do is play the same in two rooms at a time in sync.

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:55 am
nlagaros offline

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you want to group the two ZonePlayers. This is where Sonos excels. There is an action to add a ZonePlayer to another which will create a group. I would do this, then you initiate playing of the radio station from the master ZonePlayer.

jmortizsilva wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you very much, I disabled the plugin and I've been reactivated and now it works.

One question, is it possible to consolidate multiple devices in the same action?

I would like to play a radio station in my two speakers have tried to include two devices in the same action, but not synchronized, you go a little earlier than the other.

I want to do is play the same in two rooms at a time in sync.

Thanks

Posted on
Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 am
MarcoGT offline

I have build a small CP putting info on what in currently being played (the Sonos_art.jpg, I think is called), volume adjustments, play/pause and links to play my favourites radio.
What happens is: I play Radio Indigo ( :mrgreen: ) and I get the icon for Radio Indigo, then I pause/stop it but the icons is the same, how can I change it based on the current status (play/pause)?

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:36 am
nlagaros offline

You can use device state, associate it with the state called "State" and select the image "Media Play State +.png". It will toggle the icon to either a pause or play button depending on the current state of the zone.

MarcoGT wrote:
I have build a small CP putting info on what in currently being played (the Sonos_art.jpg, I think is called), volume adjustments, play/pause and links to play my favourites radio.
What happens is: I play Radio Indigo ( :mrgreen: ) and I get the icon for Radio Indigo, then I pause/stop it but the icons is the same, how can I change it based on the current status (play/pause)?

Thanks

Posted on
Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:19 pm
RAID5 offline

Hi

When I try to adjust the volume, only one volume change is applied, the next coming button pushes does not change the volume. If I restart the SONOS plugin it temporarly solves the problem.
Any suggestions?

/RAID5
Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk

RAID5 "A happy Swede addicted to automation"

Posted on
Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:26 am
nlagaros offline

What action are you using to lower the volume? Or are you using an action at all? Pressing a button on a control page? If so, we need to look at the code under the button.

RAID5 wrote:
Hi

When I try to adjust the volume, only one volume change is applied, the next coming button pushes does not change the volume. If I restart the SONOS plugin it temporarly solves the problem.
Any suggestions?

/RAID5

Posted on
Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:49 am
RAID5 offline

I use a action under the buttonImage

/RAID5

Posted on
Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:53 am
nlagaros offline

so bizarre .. would you turn on debugging and try this again. want to see if we aren't receiving updates for some reason.

RAID5 wrote:
I use a action under the buttonImage

/RAID5

Posted on
Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:09 am
RAID5 offline

Sonos Debug Sonos Action: Mute Off
Sonos Debug zoneIP: 192.168.90.220, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /RenderingControl, soapAction: SetMute
Sonos ZonePlayer: SONOS Connect, Mute Off
Sonos Debug Sonos Action: Volume Down
Sonos Debug zoneIP: 192.168.90.220, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /RenderingControl, soapAction: SetVolume
Sonos ZonePlayer: SONOS Connect, Current Volume: 78, New Volume: 76
Sonos Debug zoneIP: 192.168.90.220, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /RenderingControl, soapAction: SetMute
Sonos Debug Sonos Action: Volume Up
Sonos Debug zoneIP: 192.168.90.220, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /RenderingControl, soapAction: SetVolume
Sonos ZonePlayer: SONOS Connect, Current Volume: 78, New Volume: 80
Sonos Debug Method: runConcurrentThread
Sonos Debug Running Concurrent Thread
Sonos Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Sonos Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Sonos Debug

Posted on
Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:11 am
nlagaros offline

Are you on v0.9.3 using the SoCo event processor? There should be a heck of a lot more in the debug output.

Posted on
Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:18 am
RAID5 offline

Do I need to restart the plugin after debugging is enabled?

/RAID5