Sonos Version 2024.0.3 update for Indigo 2023.2 Release

Posted on
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:52 pm
autolog offline

The Sonos plugin Version 2024.0.3 is available in the Indigo Plugin Store: Sonos

Requires Indigo 2023.2 - Will not run on earlier versions!

Changes in this version:
  • Improved python package handling provided by Indigo 2023.2
  • Code improvements

Posted on
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:23 am
mclass offline

Re: Sonos Version 2024.0.3 update for Indigo 2023.2 Release

Many thanks for the update that I installed today (Indigo 2023.2) with the following error:
Code: Select all
Requirements installing, this may take a few seconds...
   Error                           Requirements file for "Sonos 2024.0.3" failed to process correctly, contact the developer with the following information:
   Error                             error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
  │ exit code: 1
  ╰─> [4 lines of output]
      <string>:67: DeprecationWarning: pkg_resources is deprecated as an API. See https://setuptools.pypa.io/en/latest/pkg_resources.html
      Building lxml version 4.9.4.
      Building without Cython.
      Error: Please make sure the libxml2 and libxslt development packages are installed.
      [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

╰─> See above for output.

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.

It appears that I may have some packages missing, but my lack of Python knowledge/skills suggests I should wait for some learned advice!!

Neil

Posted on
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:39 am
GlennNZ offline

mclass wrote:
Many thanks for the update that I installed today (Indigo 2023.2) with the following error:
Requirements installing, this may take a few seconds...
   Error                           Requirements file for "Sonos 2024.0.3" failed to process correctly, contact the developer with the following information:
   Error                             error: subprocess-exited-with-error

╰─> [4 lines of output]
      <string>:67: DeprecationWarning: pkg_resources is deprecated as an API. See https://setuptools.pypa.io/en/latest/pkg_resources.html
      Building lxml version 4.9.4.
      Building without Cython.
      Error: Please make sure the libxml2 and libxslt development packages are installed.
      [end of output]

error: subprocess-exited-with-error

╰─> See above for output.

It appears that I may have some packages missing, but my lack of Python knowledge/skills suggests I should wait for some learned advice!!

Neil
Hi

Without specific Sonos plugin knowledge - and sure autolog will comment when morning his time, but would check and/or try installing Xcode command line tools. The error is somewhat different though and suspect it may relate to your system and lxml binaries available. Autolog will need to know what version OSX and what Chipset/Intel/Apple?

Xcode command line As per here:
viewtopic.php?t=27750#p222947

Re-download and double click, installing again the plugin after finished.
(that deletes all packages and tries again to download and/or make them)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:14 pm
autolog offline

Hi Neil,
mclass wrote:
... It appears that I may have some packages missing, but my lack of Python knowledge/skills suggests I should wait for some learned advice!!

Well luckily for me (and you), I got some learned advice from Jay and result is there is a new pre-release version of the plugin for you to try.

Hopefully this will sort out the issue for you?

You can download it from Github here: Sonos Plugin Version 2024.0.4

The previous required version of LXML (4.9.4) wasn't properly support on versions of macOS prior to Big Sur (11). LXML required version is now upped to 5.1.0.

Can you confirm the version of macOS you are running?

Posted on
Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:49 pm
mclass offline

Thanks Jon,

That seems to have done the trick.

I'm running OSX 10.13.6 (High Sierra) the latest that my ageing Mac Mini will support.

I am still getting the following (apparently unrelated) error that has persisted from earlier versions, that otherwise doesn't appear to affect the plugin's operation:

Sonos Error                     'HTTP Error 403: Forbidden' in module 'request.py', method 'http_error_default [2024.0.4]'
   Failing statement [line 643]: 'raise HTTPError(req.full_url, code, msg, hdrs, fp)'

that I suspect is an issue of permissions, but I have been unable to track the offending file or link. Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks again for all the work you've done with the Sonos plugin!

Neil

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:25 am
autolog offline

Hi Neil,
Pleased this is now working for you on High Sierra.

I have promoted this version to to the plugin store, see separate announcememnt.

I will add the 403 error to my to do list to look at. I suspect it is going to need some coding changes in order to enhance the error trapping, which is what appears to be failing.

I am going to lock this topic as I should have made it a locked announcement.

Page 1 of 1