Sonos Indigo device type?

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:07 am
spiv offline

Sonos Indigo device type?

(Are there any docs for this plug-in? - I'm stumbling around with trial and error and would find an overview or examples to be very helpful).

I've got the plug-in working, but have some questions.

When I create an Indigo device of type "Sonos", The choice for "Model" includes "Sonos Zone Controller". What is that used for? I've been using the model type of "Sonos Player" and that seems to be working.

When I continue the configuration of "Sonos Player" Indigo device, in addition to IP address, the "Configure Sonos Zone Player" also has a model menu. I've been using the more generic "ZonePlayer" instead of a specific model. Not sure what the benefit is of entering more specific model name here.

In my case, I have a new "Sonos ONE" and I only see the older "Play:1" as a choice.

When controlling Sonos music to play, is specifying a "favorites" the only control I have? Am I correct in assuming that the Sonos API or the plug-in don't have a way to specify a specific music service and item? (I would like to specify a service -- such as Apple Music, and then specify an song/artist to play or an album to play. I'm guessing that is not possible?)

Lastly, anyone have some nice Sonos Control Pages they have created and willing to share?

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:07 pm
nlagaros offline

Re: Sonos Indigo device type?

Choose the Play 1 as the model.

spiv wrote:
(Are there any docs for this plug-in? - I'm stumbling around with trial and error and would find an overview or examples to be very helpful).

I've got the plug-in working, but have some questions.

When I create an Indigo device of type "Sonos", The choice for "Model" includes "Sonos Zone Controller". What is that used for? I've been using the model type of "Sonos Player" and that seems to be working.

When I continue the configuration of "Sonos Player" Indigo device, in addition to IP address, the "Configure Sonos Zone Player" also has a model menu. I've been using the more generic "ZonePlayer" instead of a specific model. Not sure what the benefit is of entering more specific model name here.

In my case, I have a new "Sonos ONE" and I only see the older "Play:1" as a choice.

When controlling Sonos music to play, is specifying a "favorites" the only control I have? Am I correct in assuming that the Sonos API or the plug-in don't have a way to specify a specific music service and item? (I would like to specify a service -- such as Apple Music, and then specify an song/artist to play or an album to play. I'm guessing that is not possible?)

Lastly, anyone have some nice Sonos Control Pages they have created and willing to share?

Page 1 of 1