ascii code error

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:23 pm
haavarda offline

ascii code error

Hi.
I have converted to the apple TTS. But I am seeing some ascii code errors when I use scandinavian characters. This has been working with the other TTS services. And when I remove the character, it is playing just fine. When I have had this issue with other plugins, the developer has used unicode instead.
I am not a programmer, so I dont know what it means but you might Nick.

Sonos Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 198, in actionZP_announcementMP3
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1882, in actionAnnouncement
File "./lib/gtts/tts.py", line 94, in __init__
File "./lib/gtts/tts.py", line 154, in _len
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf8' in position 126: ordinal not in range(128)

Håvard

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:28 am
haavarda offline

Re: ascii code error

Hi Nick.
I have been testing a bit more on this, and I have been able to narrow it down a bit.
When I insert the scandinavian lethers æ,ø or å it works when I insert them directly in the dialog box. But when I try to speak them from a variable I get the error above.

I hope you have a chance to look at this.

Håvard

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 am
haavarda offline

Re: ascii code error

Hi again.
I had selected the wrong tts service in the settings. That was the cause of the problem. No issues now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Håvard

Page 1 of 1