Potential Issue with Sonos Integration or Latest Firmware

Posted on
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:28 am
Ramias offline

Potential Issue with Sonos Integration or Latest Firmware

Not sure which caused it, but my Sonos now occasionally does not update state from STOPPED to PLAYING. I've noticed it mainly when I launch Sonos from my Amazon Echo; but after doing that, then stopping from the desktop app and starting a new station from the Sonos desktop app, state is still not updated until a reload is requested.

Anybody else seeing this?

I have logging turned on now and will continue to check on this.

Posted on
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:31 am
Londonmark offline

Re: Potential Issue with Sonos Integration or Latest Firmwar

Sounds a lot like the issue I have been to experiencing for a long time. Statuses still not updating
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Posted on
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:43 pm
Brady offline

I'm having the same issue. While I am getting a state on my players... the state is never anything except for "STOPPED".

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:17 am
vtmikel offline

I've noticed this issue too. I want to say it's happened since before the latest firmware. My Sonos's occasionally do not get ZP_STATE updates. A restart of the plugin doesn't always fix it.

Posted on
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:12 pm
george99 offline

Add me to the list. On an older version of the plugin, it used to not update states. A newer version of the plugin fixed this.
Now, I am not sure if it is the plugin or firmware, but it is happening again.
I am using a schedule that restarts the plugin once per day.

BTW, am I the only one or does the recent update to the Sonos App, absolutely suck? Very annoying to use IMO.

Posted on
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:48 am
vtmikel offline

I wanted to follow up that this problem has reduced for me, but is not eliminated. The way that I know it is still a problem is that I have one trigger that is intended to only occur once per day, via motion in my daughter's room. When it happens, the Sonos is supposed to play. To ensure that it doesn't trigger multiple times, I have a condition in the trigger to only happen when the Sonos is not in Playing state. Despite Indigo telling the Sonos to play successfully, the state isn't always changing properly, therefore the trigger is happening multiple times and the playlist keeps starting over.

When I first experienced this, it was happening over and over again. Yesterday, the state didn't update immediately but did eventually, causing the trigger to happen twice. This morning, it worked fine.

george99 wrote:
Add me to the list. On an older version of the plugin, it used to not update states. A newer version of the plugin fixed this.
Now, I am not sure if it is the plugin or firmware, but it is happening again.
I am using a schedule that restarts the plugin once per day.

BTW, am I the only one or does the recent update to the Sonos App, absolutely suck? Very annoying to use IMO.

YES. I hate the new app organization, in particular the Favorites and Playlists.

Posted on
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:52 am
roussell offline

george99 wrote:

It's the worst! I've been using it for a while on the beta channel and I absolutely hate it. It's even worse on a large screen like a tablet (or my 23" HP slate).

Terry

Page 1 of 1