Statuses still not updating

Posted on
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:21 pm
Colly offline

Re: Statuses still not updating

Not sure if there is any link to LM's problem - I regularly find that the playing status doesn't get updated and just shows stopped. Once I restart the plugin everything is good again. I haven't paid too much attention to it but I'd say it goes out of sync on a daily basis.

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:11 am
Londonmark offline

Colly wrote:
Not sure if there is any link to LM's problem - I regularly find that the playing status doesn't get updated and just shows stopped. Once I restart the plugin everything is good again. I haven't paid too much attention to it but I'd say it goes out of sync on a daily basis.

Sounds very similar to my issue.

Posted on
Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:14 pm
ryanbuckner online

Me too.

Also if I use Alexa to play music through Sonos, nothing gets updated, even after plugin restart

Posted on
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:16 pm
nlagaros offline

Again I have put out an update. There is a test script you should run alongside the plugin that should spit out an error that may lead us to the problem. I know you've tried it before, but ask that you try it once again.

From a terminal window:
Code: Select all
cd /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin
python ./lib/test_SOCO.py [ZonePlayerIP] [Indigo ServerIP]

Once you start this in a terminal window, restart the plugin and do what you normally do. Since the happens so frequently, we should see something here. If not and only the plugin stops updating, I am going to add more logic to the test script.

Londonmark wrote:
Hi Nick,

Still getting this behaviour. If anything it's got worse, because once it loses track of statuses, I cannot control volumes, skip tracks etc. The only option is to force the plugin to reload (so I have a reload plugin button on all Sonos related pages and have been wondering about a schedule to reload it every 30 mins or so). Anything else I can try?

LM

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:55 am
nlagaros offline

LM - I am going to publish another update today or tomorrow that may really (for real this time) help with this issue. Stand by and wait for v1.0.8!

nlagaros wrote:
Again I have put out an update. There is a test script you should run alongside the plugin that should spit out an error that may lead us to the problem. I know you've tried it before, but ask that you try it once again.

From a terminal window:
cd /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin

Once you start this in a terminal window, restart the plugin and do what you normally do. Since the happens so frequently, we should see something here. If not and only the plugin stops updating, I am going to add more logic to the test script.

Londonmark wrote:
Hi Nick,

Still getting this behaviour. If anything it's got worse, because once it loses track of statuses, I cannot control volumes, skip tracks etc. The only option is to force the plugin to reload (so I have a reload plugin button on all Sonos related pages and have been wondering about a schedule to reload it every 30 mins or so). Anything else I can try?

LM

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:25 am
nlagaros offline

OK - just posted v1.0.8. Give it a shot and if something goes awry you should see errors in the Indigo event log.

nlagaros wrote:
LM - I am going to publish another update today or tomorrow that may really (for real this time) help with this issue. Stand by and wait for v1.0.8!

nlagaros wrote:

From a terminal window:

Londonmark wrote:
Hi Nick,

LM

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 am
Londonmark offline

Will do - had not had a chance to really try 1.07. And thanks!

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:38 pm
mrothroc offline

I've been plagued by the status issue as well so I just tested 1.0.8. It fails immediately with this error:

Nov 22, 2017, 3:35:28 PM
Sonos Adding ZonePlayer: 10.110.5.21, RINCON_949F3E21E9EC01400, LivingRoomSonos
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1175, in deviceUpdated
File "plugin.py", line 55, in deviceStartComm
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 300, in deviceStartComm
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 470, in initZones
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 525, in socoSubscribe
File "./lib/soco/services.py", line 499, in subscribe
File "./lib/soco/events.py", line 488, in subscribe
ValueError: need more than 0 values to unpack

Sonos Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 47, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 365, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 481, in socoSubTest
KeyError: (1147512752,)

Sonos Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:39 pm
nlagaros offline

Please go to the plugin configuration dialog and enter the IP address of your Indigo server. Save and restart the plugin.

mrothroc wrote:
I've been plagued by the status issue as well so I just tested 1.0.8. It fails immediately with this error:

Nov 22, 2017, 3:35:28 PM
Sonos Adding ZonePlayer: 10.110.5.21, RINCON_949F3E21E9EC01400, LivingRoomSonos
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1175, in deviceUpdated
File "plugin.py", line 55, in deviceStartComm
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 300, in deviceStartComm
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 470, in initZones
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 525, in socoSubscribe
File "./lib/soco/services.py", line 499, in subscribe
File "./lib/soco/events.py", line 488, in subscribe
ValueError: need more than 0 values to unpack

Sonos Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 47, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 365, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 481, in socoSubTest
KeyError: (1147512752,)

Sonos Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:13 am
Londonmark offline

Hi Nick,

I'm now running 1.0.8 and still have the problem. Running the Terminal script, I can see that the data showing up there is correct, but the statuses are not updating in the plugin. This behaviour kicks in two or three songs after starting a playlist.

LivingRoom

'AVTransport'
{u'alarm_running': '0',
 u'av_transport_uri': 'x-rincon-queue:RINCON_B8E937E9C7E001400#0',
 u'av_transport_uri_meta_data': '',
 u'current_crossfade_mode': '1',
 u'current_media_duration': 'NOT_IMPLEMENTED',
 u'current_play_mode': 'SHUFFLE_NOREPEAT',
 u'current_record_quality_mode': 'NOT_IMPLEMENTED',
 u'current_section': '0',
 u'current_track': '8',
 u'current_track_duration': '0:03:17',
 u'current_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'M?nilmontant' at 0x10d6abe10>,
 u'current_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a0SvDOIxI7siZO2amGr471O?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',
 u'current_transport_actions': 'Set, Stop, Pause, Play, X_DLNA_SeekTime, Next, Previous, X_DLNA_SeekTrackNr',
 u'current_valid_play_modes': 'SHUFFLE,REPEAT,REPEATONE,CROSSFADE',
 u'direct_control_account_id': '',
 u'direct_control_client_id': '',
 u'direct_control_is_suspended': '0',
 u'enqueued_transport_uri': 'x-rincon-cpcontainer:10062a6cspotify%3auser%3alondonmark%3aplaylist%3a3wE2q0NVkPEm7JvxBbZOpr',
 u'enqueued_transport_uri_meta_data': <DidlPlaylistContainer 'Discover Archive' at 0x10d6ab050>,
 u'muse_sessions': '',
 u'next_av_transport_uri': '',
 u'next_av_transport_uri_meta_data': '',
 u'next_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'Hammond Song' at 0x10d6abb50>,
 u'next_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a3cPtZw0oqMEkKlGSF0SLkc?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',
 u'number_of_tracks': '2500',
 u'playback_storage_medium': 'NETWORK',
 u'possible_playback_storage_media': 'NONE, NETWORK',
 u'possible_record_quality_modes': 'NOT_IMPLEMENTED',
 u'possible_record_storage_media': 'NOT_IMPLEMENTED',
 u'record_medium_write_status': 'NOT_IMPLEMENTED',
 u'record_storage_medium': 'NOT_IMPLEMENTED',
 u'restart_pending': '0',
 u'sleep_timer_generation': '0',
 u'snooze_running': '0',
 u'transport_play_speed': 'NOT_IMPLEMENTED',
 u'transport_state': 'PLAYING',
 u'transport_status': 'OK'}

'RenderingControl'
{u'bass': '0',
 u'headphone_connected': '0',
 u'loudness': {'Master': '1'},
 u'mute': {'LF': '0', 'Master': '1', 'RF': '0'},
 u'output_fixed': '0',
 u'preset_name_list': 'FactoryDefaults',
 u'sonar_calibration_available': '0',
 u'sonar_enabled': '1',
 u'speaker_size': '5',
 u'sub_crossover': '0',
 u'sub_enabled': '1',
 u'sub_gain': '0',
 u'sub_polarity': '0',
 u'treble': '0',
 u'volume': {'LF': '100', 'Master': '9', 'RF': '100'}}

'AVTransport'
{u'current_crossfade_mode': '1',
 u'current_track': '9',
 u'current_track_duration': '0:05:45',
 u'current_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'Hammond Song' at 0x10d6bba50>,
 u'current_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a3cPtZw0oqMEkKlGSF0SLkc?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',
 u'enqueued_transport_uri': 'x-rincon-cpcontainer:10062a6cspotify%3auser%3alondonmark%3aplaylist%3a3wE2q0NVkPEm7JvxBbZOpr',
 u'enqueued_transport_uri_meta_data': <DidlPlaylistContainer 'Discover Archive' at 0x10d6bbf90>,
 u'next_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'Sascha' at 0x10d6bbd50>,
 u'next_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a0C3F7IL6s87CQxVTQsu8xf?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',
 u'transport_state': 'PLAYING'}

'AVTransport'
 u'current_track': '10',
 u'current_track_duration': '0:03:08',
 u'current_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'Sascha' at 0x10d689f50>,
 u'current_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a0C3F7IL6s87CQxVTQsu8xf?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',
 u'enqueued_transport_uri_meta_data': <DidlPlaylistContainer 'Discover Archive' at 0x10d6bbcd0>,
 u'next_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'Oblivion' at 0x10d6bbad0>,
 u'next_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a4fFtuEMOTN1wxF701HPjcq?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',

'AVTransport'
 u'current_track': '11',
 u'current_track_duration': '0:03:36',
 u'current_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'Oblivion' at 0x10d6ab550>,
 u'current_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a4fFtuEMOTN1wxF701HPjcq?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',
 u'enqueued_transport_uri_meta_data': <DidlPlaylistContainer 'Discover Archive' at 0x10d6abc90>,
 u'next_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'Massenet: Tha?s: M?ditation' at 0x10d6ab150>,
 u'next_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a7t51ADHtrw9RRRj1K1xhzS?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',
 u'transport_state': 'TRANSITIONING'}

'AVTransport'
 u'current_track': '11',
 u'current_track_duration': '0:03:36',
 u'current_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'Oblivion' at 0x10d6cd790>,
 u'current_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a4fFtuEMOTN1wxF701HPjcq?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',
 u'enqueued_transport_uri_meta_data': <DidlPlaylistContainer 'Discover Archive' at 0x10d6cdd50>,
 u'next_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'Massenet: Tha?s: M?ditation' at 0x10d6cdb10>,
 u'next_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a7t51ADHtrw9RRRj1K1xhzS?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',

In this example, the plugin got stuck on Hammond Song by the Roches, but you can see that Sonos was reporting different songs. It's a Spotify playlist, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Mark

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:18 am
nlagaros offline

LM - Are you using the Sonos software to kick off the playlist or the Spotify app? Any any errors at all in the Indigo log?

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:19 am
Londonmark offline

The Sonos app.

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:25 am
nlagaros offline

I assume no errors in the Indigo log? When you started up the script, the track playing in the script was: M?nilmontant. What goes in place of the ? -- I'm wondering if this has been a unicode error all along that somehow is not spitting out an error.

Londonmark wrote:
The Sonos app.

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:31 am
nlagaros offline

LM - after the plugin stops updating the track information, if you change the volume of the ZonePlayer - dos the state variables update?

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:50 am
nlagaros offline

Mark - last question. When the track stops updating in the plugin, does the state ZP_CurrentTrackURI in the plugin match the updating output of the script? If it does, I think I know EXACTLY what is going on. The tougher part will be to fix it, but at least I think I can replicate what is going on with you.

Thanks!