Statuses still not updating

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:19 am
Londonmark offline

Statuses still not updating

Hi

I'm still finding the status of my players gets stuck a few songs into a playlist. This includes the artist, track title etc and artwork. Restarting the plugin solves the problem for another few songs. I'm almost always using grouped players. Anyone else experiencing this? Am on latest version of everything...

LM

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:28 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Statuses still not updating

I am guessing one of the music sources you are using is throwing an error. I have a small utility in the plugin directory that can be run to try to catch what the issue is. If you are able to open a terminal window and run the following:

Code: Select all
cd "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib"
python ./soco_test_twisted.py [ip address] <- ip address is the IP of the ZonePlayer in question that you will be using during this test.

Updates for the ZonePlayer will fill the screen as the ZonePlayer plays songs. Keep advancing through your sources as you would normally until you see it crash. It should be pretty obvious. Send me that output and I should be able to fix it.

Londonmark wrote:
Hi

I'm still finding the status of my players gets stuck a few songs into a playlist. This includes the artist, track title etc and artwork. Restarting the plugin solves the problem for another few songs. I'm almost always using grouped players. Anyone else experiencing this? Am on latest version of everything...

LM

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:19 am
Londonmark offline

Thanks for the very quick response. Not sure the utility is working for me at the moment... I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./soco_test_twisted.py", line 6, in <module>
    import soco
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/soco/__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
    from .core import SoCo
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/soco/core.py", line 18, in <module>
    import requests
ImportError: No module named requests

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:20 am
nlagaros offline

you running v7 indigo and v1.0.2 of the plugin?

Londonmark wrote:
Thanks for the very quick response. Not sure the utility is working for me at the moment... I get:

import soco
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/soco/__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
    from .core import SoCo
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/soco/core.py", line 18, in <module>
    import requests

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 am
Londonmark offline

Yes - 7.0.3 and 1.0.2.

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:42 am
Londonmark offline

Not sure if it's relevant, but I periodically get this in the Event Log:

Sonos Error UPNP Error: 500
Sonos Error Offending Command -> zoneIP: 10.0.1.34, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /Queue, soapAction: SaveAsSonosPlaylist

I haven't been able to find a strong correlation to the status update issue.

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:00 am
nlagaros offline

Shouldn't be correlated but that is an odd one. Is this particular ZonePlayer part of surround group?

Londonmark wrote:
Not sure if it's relevant, but I periodically get this in the Event Log:

Sonos Error UPNP Error: 500
Sonos Error Offending Command -> zoneIP: 10.0.1.34, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /Queue, soapAction: SaveAsSonosPlaylist

I haven't been able to find a strong correlation to the status update issue.

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:03 am
Londonmark offline

Not surround. Just a group of a Play 3 and a couple of Play 1s. No stereo pairs.

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:09 am
nlagaros offline

I must have the requests library installed on my system. Will have to repackage that with the plugin...

nlagaros wrote:
you running v7 indigo and v1.0.2 of the plugin?

Londonmark wrote:

import soco
    from .core import SoCo
    import requests

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:21 am
nlagaros offline

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:33 am
Londonmark offline

That's got the utility working. Have kicked off a playlist to see what it shows. Will let you know what I see as soon as the status gets stuck.

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:49 am
Londonmark offline

OK. Didn't take too long I'm afraid. My control page got stuck on Henri Texier / Varech (with My Journey to the Sky / Sister Rosetta Tharpe as "up next"). Here is what the utility shows:

'AVTransport'
{u'current_crossfade_mode': '1',
 u'current_play_mode': 'SHUFFLE',
 u'current_section': '0',
 u'current_track': '4',
 u'current_track_duration': '0:03:04',
 u'current_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'Les "L?-bas"' at 0x10f52c390>,
 u'current_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a5LawMt3aszO8M3IXzXXesM?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',
 u'enqueued_transport_uri': 'x-rincon-cpcontainer:10062a6cspotify%3auser%3alondonmark%3aplaylist%3a3wE2q0NVkPEm7JvxBbZOpr',
 u'enqueued_transport_uri_meta_data': <DidlPlaylistContainer 'Discover Archive' at 0x10f52c450>,
 u'next_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'My Journey To The Sky' at 0x10f52c410>,
 u'next_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a3MwWbGqUaNGcvc0Jofg7An?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',
 u'number_of_tracks': '1846',
 u'transport_state': 'PLAYING'}

'AVTransport'
 u'current_track': '5',
 u'current_track_duration': '0:03:14',
 u'current_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'My Journey To The Sky' at 0x10f52c390>,
 u'current_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a3MwWbGqUaNGcvc0Jofg7An?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',
 u'enqueued_transport_uri': 'x-rincon-cpcontainer:10062a6cspotify%3auser%3alondonmark%3aplaylist%3a3wE2q0NVkPEm7JvxBbZOpr',
 u'enqueued_transport_uri_meta_data': <DidlPlaylistContainer 'Discover Archive' at 0x10f52c350>,
 u'next_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'You Can't Judge a Book By It's Cover' at 0x10f52c290>,
 u'next_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a4W5BrFxMwrLQJXbxIk10dK?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',

'AVTransport'
 u'current_track': '6',
 u'current_track_duration': '0:03:10',
 u'current_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'You Can't Judge a Book By It's Cover' at 0x10f52c250>,
 u'current_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a4W5BrFxMwrLQJXbxIk10dK?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',
 u'enqueued_transport_uri_meta_data': <DidlPlaylistContainer 'Discover Archive' at 0x10f52c490>,
 u'next_track_meta_data': <DidlMusicTrack 'Don't Let Me Down' at 0x10f52c210>,
 u'next_track_uri': 'x-sonos-spotify:spotify%3atrack%3a5cyFCMVtUchNrpTMc8UWN8?sid=9&flags=8224&sn=1',

So that all looks as if it's doing the right things, but for some reason the status doesn't update.

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:01 am
nlagaros offline

It just stops? That is so so bizarre. I see your source is Spotify ... why am I not surprised. They have been trouble, but this is just plain odd. No errors at all... I need to think...

Anything else running on your Indigo server that uses UPNP ports (1900) or Sonos ports (1400) that may be interfering?

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:03 am
Londonmark offline

Anything else running on your Indigo server that uses UPNP ports (1900) or Sonos ports (1400) that may be interfering?
Not as far as I know. Any easy way to check?

And it's not unique to Spotify - it happens if I play something from my music library too.

Posted on
Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:44 pm
Londonmark offline

Hi Nick

Any update on this?