SONOS update today - now SONOS plug-in is FUBAR

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:11 pm
norcoscia offline

SONOS update today - now SONOS plug-in is FUBAR

Not really sure what just happened but mins after allowing my Sonos app to update I lost communications with the plug-in. I tried restarting and deleting and reinstalling the plug-in but no joy. Once I try to enable it I can't even disable it, can't open pref file or do anything. When I say disable plug-in Indigo forces it to quit since it does not respond?

Sonos units are on Version: 7.0 (build 34735162c) - Mac app is build 34735162b - I'm on the latest ver of the SONOS plug-in

Edit to add some info from my log, I tried to load it, then open plug-in config, then I asked to stop - log below.

Code: Select all
Jan 21, 2017, 12:12:51 PM
   Started plugin "Sonos 1.0.2"
   Sonos                           Your plugin version, v1.0.2, is current.
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.ssi.indigoplugin.Sonos for request UiGetValues1
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.ssi.indigoplugin.Sonos for request CallPluginFunc
   Error (client)                  runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]
   Sonos                           Loaded Sonos Favorites... [12]

Jan 21, 2017, 12:14:22 PM
   Disabling plugin "Sonos 1.0.2"
   Stopping plugin "Sonos 1.0.2" (pid 8799)
   Error                           process (pid 8799) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now
   Stopped plugin "Sonos 1.0.2"

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:46 pm
roussell offline

Re: SONOS update today - now SONOS plug-in is FUBAR

This probably doesn't help, but I'm running Sonos 7.0 and the latest Sonos plugin and have no troubles across 9 units. I have everything except a playbar and sub. I'm sure Nick will chime in with some help, but my advice would have been what you've already tried. Go ahead and enable debug mode in the plugin (if you can) and post the log results of the plugin being enabled and disabled (again, if you can). Nick will need that to provide any assistance. If there's anything you'd like me to check on a known working system, let me know.

Terry

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:49 pm
roussell offline

Actually, just thought of something - is it possible that the IP addresses of your Sonos unit(s) changed?

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:06 pm
DaveL17 offline

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but there's chatter in the installer channel that Sonos' changes to their API are causing some headaches.

http://www.cepro.com/article/new_sonos_api_disrupts_home_automation_integration_but_lays_solid_foundatio

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:21 am
norcoscia offline

No, I have them assigned to the same addresses (along with about 40 other things) automatically. I wanted to get some debug but no luck yesterday - maybe today, I'll try with all other plug-ins disabled.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:12 am
norcoscia offline

Very weird, tried loading it today - I made no changes and everything worked perfectly. I guess I'll keep an eye on it - stuff like this makes me wonder what could cause it.

Is everyone else leaving port 8888 or are most changing it. Wish I had a way (an easy way) to check if anything else is using that port.... or if there are any other items that could cause the plug-in to act the way it did yesterday.

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1