Error after updating the Plugin

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:07 pm
Dlucas10 offline

Error after updating the Plugin

Hello,

I updated the plugin to 1.0.2 and I keep getting the error you see below. It's filling the log on my Indigo server. Thoughts?

Jan 1, 2017, 7:06:37 PM
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 47, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 339, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 357, in checkEvents
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/_strptime.py", line 467, in _strptime_time
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/_strptime.py", line 325, in _strptime
ValueError: time data u'' does not match format '%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y'

Sonos Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Sonos SoCo Reactor Ignition...
Sonos Manually checking for updates
Sonos Your plugin version, v1.0.2, is current.

Posted on
Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:16 pm
dnomode offline

Re: Error after updating the Plugin

I've got the same problem, please help :cry:
Code: Select all
Sonos Error                     Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 339, in runConcurrentThread
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 357, in checkEvents
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/_strptime.py", line 454, in _strptime_time
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/_strptime.py", line 325, in _strptime

Sonos Error                     plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Jan 18, 2017 9:15:00 PM

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/_strptime.py", line 454, in _strptime_time

Sonos Error                     plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Edmond

Posted on
Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:24 pm
eme jota ce offline

I'm also seeing a very similar error message. Have the latest version of Sonos plugin installed:

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/_strptime.py", line 467, in _strptime_time

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:11 am
nlagaros offline

I have an update to publish soon with some error handling around this. It really should not happen if the UPNP listener is working correctly... (i think). Will release after I get a couple more fixes in.

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:00 am
rbdubz3 offline

I recently started getting this error as well.. Everything was working fine for a couple of weeks. I subsequently installed the 'homebridge' plugin to allow voice control via Siri. This too seemed fine and all was happy in my setup.. Then I started getting errors a couple days after installing hombridge. I think the errors occurred after I did a reboot on my iMac but I am not positive.

Any chance there was some type of incompatibility with different libraries during these installs? For the homebridge plugin I installed a bunch of stuff.. including macports, nodejs, etc

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:47 am
dnomode offline

Still having this problem. Has anyone been able to fix it?

Edmond

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:52 pm
rbdubz3 offline

So I am not sure my issue was the same as everyone elses.. I was definitely getting that same stack trace though.

Anyhow, just digging in a bit this morning. I noticed that the IP addresses of my Sonos players had changed due to recent router restarts/etc. One of the devices was actually my 'reference zoneplayer' for setup of the Sonos plugin. After fixing the IP addresses all of my Sonos players are fine and I no longer get the errors in my logs .

This is probably in the Sonos plugin installation guide somewhere.. i.e. to ensure they Sonos players get fixed IPs

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:28 am
Dlucas10 offline

Looks like I'm still getting these. They stopped for a bit, but now they're filling up the log.. Happening about every minute for me. May need to disable the plugin till there is a fix.

Is there a plan on when you'll have a fix?

Sonos Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Sonos Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:37 am
markf424 offline

I'm having the same issue and have disabled the plugin until there is a fix. I may take a look and see if I can fix it later next week, assuming we don't hear from Nick.

Posted on
Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:41 am
Dlucas10 offline

markf424 wrote:
I'm having the same issue and have disabled the plugin until there is a fix. I may take a look and see if I can fix it later next week, assuming we don't hear from Nick.

Thanks! Yeah I disabled the plugin as well.

Posted on
Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:02 pm
markf424 offline

I have taken a look at this error. What appears to be happening is that while iterating through my ZPs on line 355-356, it iterates through a ZP that is unreachable despite being enabled.
355 for dev in indigo.devices.iter("self.ZonePlayer"):
356      if dev.enabled:

When that's the case, the validation on line 357 fails on the unreachable ZP.
357          if time.time() - time.mktime(time.strptime(dev.states["alive"], "%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y")) > timeout:

I've worked around it by disabling (in Indigo) the offending ZP. I had to restart the plugin to make that work successfully. The question is whether there's another way to check if a device is available instead of using dev.enabled as in line 356. I'll poke at it, but this may help Nick in reproducing the issue, and should work around the errors for those others who are seeing it.

Posted on
Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:29 am
nlagaros offline

I realized that I never publicly published v1.0.3 of the plugin. It is out there now. I put some error handling around the code that checks timestamps.

Download here: http://vulture.lagaros.com/IndigoPlugins/Sonos/Sonos.indigoPlugin_1.0.3.zip

Page 1 of 1