Couple of oddities with groups and playlists

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:05 pm
Chockymonster offline

Couple of oddities with groups and playlists

I have a couple of oddities that I can't track down.

The first is to do with announcements.
I'm finding that if I have a radio station playing and an announcement is fired that the queue doesn't resume playing.
The players are regrouped but the station doesn't restart.

The second is starting a playlist playing from an action group.
I have an action group that fires a number of things to do with my son's bedtime.
One of the actions is to play a sonos favourite station that I only want to play in the bathroom.
Just to make sure I set the player to standalone and then do a sonos playlist as the music source on the bathroom. In my head that should only play in the bathroom.
I'm finding that it's setting the player as standalone and starting the music, but it's playing the music that's already in the queue and playlist I want on 2 other devices.
These two devices were in the same group in the morning but with a different speaker as the group coordinator.
If I look in the sonos app I have my four devices, two are in a group with the Bedroom as the coordinator with the playlist I want playing, the bathroom has the existing queue playing and the other device that wasn't queued is doing nothing.

I'm confused!

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:05 pm
Chockymonster offline

Re: Couple of oddities with groups and playlists

I can't work out what the action group is doing.
It's definitely not what I'm asking it to do!
I turned on the debug logging this evening @nlagaros it doesn't mean a lot to me.
All I can work out is the correct playlist is loading into the required zone player, but instead of playing, it remains stopped. Instead a completely different player starts playing.

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:27 pm
nlagaros offline

Re: Couple of oddities with groups and playlists

I'm a little backed up and will take a look as soon as I can. Send me the debug logs - should help me decipher whatever the issue is. Thx.

Page 1 of 1