Ivona with pyvona wrapper

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:22 am
haavarda offline

Ivona with pyvona wrapper

If the Ivona voice is driven by the pyvona wrapper I believe this opens up some new possibilities with i7. Pyvona requires python 2.7, and that is now implemented with i7.

Could this simplify Ivona TTS?

One possible feature I am thinking of is the possibility to store a MP3 file locally. So that a message can be played regardless of online status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Håvard

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:33 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Ivona with pyvona wrapper

Pyvona does require python 2.7. I have always shelled out to run that process. I will be more tightly integrating it in a future release, but that would not provide any additional functionality.

The Sonos plugin does have the capability to play locally stored mp3 files. You could use IVONA or Google to generate and save some pre-canned phrases and use the Announcement feature with the locally stored files. Check out the plugin configuration to enter the path to those files.

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:31 am
haavarda offline

Yes I am well aware that it is included, I put quite a lot of work on getting it to work before you included it in your plugin. And I am still thankful for your work.
From time to time we see that fetching a new voice message online can fail (if there is no internet connection etc...)

I was only thinking that the process to store a file could be simplified, since you already create a file with your plugin.

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:21 pm
shapa offline

Nice idea by the way :)

Instead of manual process - permanently cache...

Posted on
Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:55 pm
nlagaros offline

I can put that on the list if many are interested. It would be a good bit of work.

Page 1 of 1