Sonos - Not Updating Status

Posted on
Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:24 pm
Albatros offline

Sonos - Not Updating Status

Since a few versions I am nog getting status updates in Indigo for all my players. It just does not show any status and does not change when I the sonos is on/paused or off.

It has worked when I installed the latest plugin version but it stopped after a while. Have tried different things and hoped a new version of the plugin would solve the problem but it isn't.

Do you have any pointers on how to fix it.

Posted on
Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:34 pm
kkreitzer offline

Re: Sonos - Not Updating Status

I have been having the same issue - restarting the plugin a few times will bring the functionality back, but before long the statuses don't full update. They will show as STOPPED and the track/creator doesn't update.

Posted on
Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:07 pm
Londonmark offline

kkreitzer wrote:
I have been having the same issue - restarting the plugin a few times will bring the functionality back, but before long the statuses don't full update. They will show as STOPPED and the track/creator doesn't update.

Yes - happening a lot to me too.

Posted on
Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:29 pm
mclass offline

Same here!
I've scheduled a regular Sonos plugin restart, and trying to determine the most appropriate period between restarts. Down to every hour so far and still testing .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:09 am
Albatros offline

Weird, yesterday I updated to Indigo 6.1.11 and suddenly status was updated for 2 of my 3 sonos devices. Before none of the devices was updating status.

For now, only one Play 5 does not give any update. Even in de Indigo interface the status is empty and isn't responding to play/pauze etc.
Last edited by Albatros on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:12 am
Albatros offline

And then after two hours playing of the Sonos device in my living room it stops updating. Restarting the plugin does not help.

Funny the 3rd sonos still updates. So now 1 of 3 is still updating.

Posted on
Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:40 am
petematheson offline

Having the same issue here. A restart of the plugin solves the problem but it's causing issues with scenes that aren't triggering properly. (Ie. When sonos is playing, switch AV receiver to input etc... )

Any word on a fix at all?

Posted on
Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:30 am
nlagaros offline

Update coming soon. For those who are not getting updates at all There is some other issue with the network config likely. Albatross - confused by your issue - debut logs would help to start. Thanks.

Posted on
Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:51 am
Londonmark offline

Thanks for the update Nick. Can you give any more info on the network config issue?

Posted on
Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:08 pm
Albatros offline

Thanks for the update.

My update: Just restarted Indigo server and now back to 2 of 3 updating.

The third which is not updating but changing the volume is logged into the indigo log. So their is some sort of communication.

Posted on
Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:40 am
george99 offline

Hi,
I just started using the plugin.
I have the following:
2 Connects
2 Connect:AMPs

So far only the Connects are giving me this problem.

Let me know if I can provide any further details to help you debug/solve the issue.

Posted on
Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:30 am
nlagaros offline

I just posted an update that may address this issue. Please download v0.9.11. Thanks.

Posted on
Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:31 am
george99 offline

Ok something weird is happening with the new version. Randomly it shows players state as Error.. the it comes back ok after a few min.
Also when a player comes back online it is automatically set to a volume of 30.

Posted on
Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:22 am
nlagaros offline

The log should have some entries that correspond to the error state. It's not random. If a ZonePlayer resets, disconnects, or there is no contact for 15 min, it will error out. Can you post the indigo log? Thanks.

george99 wrote:
Ok something weird is happening with the new version. Randomly it shows players state as Error.. the it comes back ok after a few min.
Also when a player comes back online it is automatically set to a volume of 30.

Posted on
Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:11 am
george99 offline

I'll try. Happened last night and I can't replicate it.
I have 11 Sonos zones and it was happening to about 4 at a time. Suddenly 4 showed error, then came back a few minutes later, and a different set of 4 went out and then came back.
Happened a few times. One of the times I restarted the plugin, but it didn't help. The same zoneplayers came on and then showed error a minute later.
I was using only one of the players at the time and I also noticed that when restarting the plugin, it sets the volume to 30.