Sonos - Not Updating Status

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:00 am
rapamatic offline

Re: Sonos - Not Updating Status

nlagaros wrote:
Thanks for the report. This is peculiar. Could you do this entire test again with all the SoCo Events debugging option turned on.

I just restarted the plugin, everything should be at the bottom of the attached log. Still not showing status on the same sonos devices.
Attachments
2016-11-11 Events.txt
(293.34 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:59 am
nlagaros offline

For rapamatic and Albatros:

Download and install this version of the plugin: https://vulture.lagaros.com/IndigoPlugins/Sonos/Sonos.indigoPlugin_0.9.13.zip

Open up a terminal, change to the plugin directory /lib
Type this: python ./soco_test_twisted.py [ip address]
where [ip address] is the player in question, so Albatros choose the IP of the player that is not updating and rapamatic, lets use the ip address of Master Bath

Please post the output.

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:01 am
nlagaros offline

To clarify the directory to change in to:
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Lib

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:30 am
rapamatic offline

here's what i got
Attachments
Soco_test_twisted.txt
(31.53 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:24 am
nlagaros offline

That is perfect. Can you tell me from what source and how you launched the track that is playing?

Is it from a search in the Sonos App?

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am
rapamatic offline

Nick - the source on what's in the queue (which is paused) is from Apple music, I believe (either that or Spotify). I also believe it was chosen from a sonos search - I use their universal search feature all the time.

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:54 am
nlagaros offline

Will work on this when I get home. Need to get a trial of Apple Music to replicate (I think). I definitely see the issue so hope to have an update this weekend. Nothing to do with grouping - and this issue is the same as Albatros.

rapamatic wrote:
Nick - the source on what's in the queue (which is paused) is from Apple music, I believe (either that or Spotify). I also believe it was chosen from a sonos search - I use their universal search feature all the time.

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:58 am
rapamatic offline

nlagaros wrote:
Will work on this when I get home. Need to get a trial of Apple Music to replicate (I think). I definitely see the issue so hope to have an update this weekend. Nothing to do with grouping - and this issue is the same as Albatros.

Glad you're able to get to the bottom of this. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help - happy to provide remote access to my server or anything else you might need.

-Ray

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:14 pm
nlagaros offline

Give this a shot: https://vulture.lagaros.com/IndigoPlugins/Sonos/Sonos.indigoPlugin_0.9.14.zip

rapamatic wrote:
nlagaros wrote:

Glad you're able to get to the bottom of this. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help - happy to provide remote access to my server or anything else you might need.

-Ray

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:28 pm
rapamatic offline

Nick - its working for paused players, but I have some sonos playing songs now (sonos search -> apple music) and on those the status is blank like before

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:30 pm
nlagaros offline

Can you run that python script for the IP of the player that is blank. Thanks.

rapamatic wrote:
Nick - its working for paused players, but I have some sonos playing songs now (sonos search -> apple music) and on those the status is blank like before

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:48 pm
nlagaros offline

Scratch that.. there is more that I see I need to do to support Apple Music. Ugh! I can replicate this in entirety... hopefully a new version tomorrow.

nlagaros wrote:
Can you run that python script for the IP of the player that is blank. Thanks.

rapamatic wrote:

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:52 pm
rapamatic offline

Yeah, it isn't working on some paused players now too. I've attached two logs from two different players.
Attachments
Playing sonos.txt
(15.89 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
sonos paused.txt
(2.1 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:54 pm
nlagaros offline

Thanks. The good news is that I know what needs to be done. Just want to make the changes with a clear head.

rapamatic wrote:
Yeah, it isn't working on some paused players now too. I've attached two logs from two different players.

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:24 am
nlagaros offline

I haven't done extensive testing, but try out the new version (0.9.15). It should solve the universal search issue.

Download here: https://vulture.lagaros.com/IndigoPlugins/Sonos/Sonos.indigoPlugin_0.9.15.zip