Sonos - Not Updating Status

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:25 am
rapamatic offline

Re: Sonos - Not Updating Status

nlagaros wrote:
I haven't done extensive testing, but try out the new version (0.9.15). It should solve the universal search issue.

Download here: https://vulture.lagaros.com/IndigoPlugins/Sonos/Sonos.indigoPlugin_0.9.15.zip

So far so good. Thanks!

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if any edge cases emerge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:19 am
Albatros offline

YES, its working.

Thank you very much. Indeed I am using Apple Music.

Great!!

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:30 pm
denno offline

This is going to sound dumb but how are you using the Sonos plugin with Indigo?

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:21 pm
george99 offline

Not stupid.
I have all sonos connects that run thru Denon receivers.
Using indigo I detect when the sonos status changes to playing and then I have indigo turn in the denon avr and set the appropriate source and volume using Roomie Remote (simple control). When sonos changes to stopped or paused for longer than 60 seconds, it shuts off the denon avr.
I don't use the Denon pluggin for indigo. Too problematic. I created an activity in roomie for each Zone that turns on the avr, sets the source and sets the volume to about 75% which then allows me to control volume via sonos. That way I just use the sonos app and everything works great.

Then I hooked it up to Alexa using IFTTT. I made a few preset stations for each sonos Zone.
So I can say "Alexa trigger sonos living room classic rewind".
That will turn on sonos in my living room and play XM classic rewind.

Posted on
Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:10 pm
denno offline

Thanks for the info. Would you mind going into more detail about how you configured Indigo to see the status change when a Connect starts playing?

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:25 am
Londonmark offline

Hi Nick,

I've been out of action for a bit but am back now. Unfortunately I still seem to be getting the freezes on status updates. I'm running Indigo 7 and 1.0.2 of your plugin. Things work pretty well for a bit, but after a while, the status of the song playing freezes and the only thing that will unlock it is to restart the plugin. There's nothing obvious in the log (without debugging enabled) except an occasional UPNP error:

Sonos Error UPNP Error: 500
Sonos Error Offending Command -> zoneIP: 10.0.1.34, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /Queue, soapAction: SaveAsSonosPlaylist

Any thoughts? Anything I can do to help debug?

Mark