Plugin getting stuck / player states not updating

Posted on
Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:14 am
Londonmark offline

Plugin getting stuck / player states not updating

Hi Nick,

I (still) seem to have an issue with the plug-in not updating player states on my control pages. The only way to solve the problem is to restart the plugin. Nothing obvious happening in the normal event log, although I haven't switched debugging on yet to try and track it that way. Any thoughts?

Mark

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:14 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Plugin getting stuck / player states not updating

I think there is a condition where subscriptions drop to ZonePlayers and I need to re-subsribe. Perhaps it is some low level network issue that is transparent to the devices. I'm thinking to have some additional logic in the next version to re-subscribe after some period of inactivity.

Londonmark wrote:
Hi Nick,

I (still) seem to have an issue with the plug-in not updating player states on my control pages. The only way to solve the problem is to restart the plugin. Nothing obvious happening in the normal event log, although I haven't switched debugging on yet to try and track it that way. Any thoughts?

Mark

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:45 am
Londonmark offline

Ok. That would be great. Many thanks.

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:15 am
Londonmark offline

A little more digging on symptoms rather than causes: once the states stop updating, it's no longer possible to use a play/pause toggle button to get things going again. Presumably that's because if the plugin thinks a player is playing when it's actually paused, it will keep sending a pause command rather than a play command, and vice versa. (Sorry if this is all a bit obvious.)

Posted on
Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:54 pm
nlagaros offline

I posted an update - think it solves the network disconnect issue. Please try v0.9.11. Thanks.

Posted on
Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:07 pm
Londonmark offline

Thanks Nick. I'm away at the moment but will try when I get back.

(Hope you enjoyed London.)

Page 1 of 1