SiriusXM suddenly stopped working?

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Gelfin offline

SiriusXM suddenly stopped working?

This was working fine until recently, but seems to have started breaking. When I load the plugin:

Code: Select all
Sonos Error                     Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 58, in runConcurrentThread
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 204, in runConcurrentThread
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1573, in getSiriusXM
  File "./lib/elementtree/ElementTree.py", line 859, in parse
  File "./lib/elementtree/ElementTree.py", line 584, in parse
  File "./lib/elementtree/ElementTree.py", line 1251, in close
<class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>: no element found: line 39, column 333130

Sonos Error                     plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

I don't think there were any updates to either the plugin or my Sonos system, and I can still play Sonos stations fine through the Sonos app. It just stopped working, so I'm a little perplexed. Prior to the traceback other types of channels (Favorites, Playlists, RadioTime) load correctly.

Posted on
Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:53 am
Seeker offline

Re: SiriusXM suddenly stopped working?

Mine would not play this morning, but a restart of the plugin fixed it. It now works.

The Sonos plugin seems to require frequent restarts. I've gone as far as to set a schedule to restart it every 2 hours as well as putting a restart button on my control page.

Posted on
Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:41 am
Gelfin offline

Looks like it is SiriusXM's problem somehow. The URL being requested at Line 1573 is

https://www.siriusxm.com/userservices/c ... client/ump

I'm getting a result from that, but the result failed running through an XML parser (exactly what the plugin was seeing). Looks as if maybe Sirius found and fixed this while I was investigating, because it's started working now, both in my own parser and in the plugin, so apparently nothing to do here except maybe shore up around the assumption that Sirius reliably returns valid data.

Posted on
Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:47 am
nlagaros offline

I'm surprised to hear that you have to frequently restart. Perhaps something I can work on. Is it all related to SiriusXM? Any errors spit out?

Seeker wrote:
Mine would not play this morning, but a restart of the plugin fixed it. It now works.

The Sonos plugin seems to require frequent restarts. I've gone as far as to set a schedule to restart it every 2 hours as well as putting a restart button on my control page.

Page 1 of 1