Album cover art

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:01 am
pocster offline

Album cover art

Hey!

I've looked through the doc's so assume it's so obvious I can't see it! :lol:
But how do I get the path/link to the album art for display on a control page?

If it's a refreshing URL what does it link to???

I bet it's real easy and I just can't see it!!! :shock:

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:56 am
autolog offline

Re: Album cover art

If your Cover Art Folder (specified in the Plugin Config) is for example /Library/Application Support then the refreshing image URL is specified as:
file:///Library/Application Support/autolog/squeezebox/12345678/coverart.jpg where 12345678 is the Indigo Device ID of your particular player you want to show the cover art for. :)

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:23 pm
pocster offline

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !
I shall try that !

Thank you so much ! Mega plugin !

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:49 am
pocster offline

autolog wrote:
If your Cover Art Folder (specified in the Plugin Config) is for example /Library/Application Support then the refreshing image URL is specified as:
file:///Library/Application Support/autolog/squeezebox/12345678/coverart.jpg where 12345678 is the Indigo Device ID of your particular player you want to show the cover art for. :)

Hmmm, I can't seem to find this. Only config option I have requiring a path is the temp directory for speech.
I don't seem to have a autolog directory anywhere!

Can you please guide my eyes! :lol:

Perhaps I am mis-understand this anyway. Does it not pickup the 'coverart.jpg' from the streaming source directory? (I think the real physical squeezebox player did this yeah?).

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:35 am
autolog offline

I have PM'd you a link to a newer but still Indigo 6 version. Feed back any issues in this thread. :)

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:45 am
pocster offline

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:D :D :D

That's the sounds of excitements!

Works like a lucky charm!

Thanks you so much!!

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:08 am
pocster offline

I know you're preparing for an Indigo 7 version but a a few suggestions if I may:

Realtime time remaining for track would be great i.e. a countdown from track length in seconds to zero .

When a sequence ends (say) 3 of 3 ; artist name and 3 of 3 should be cleared or something - could probably set a trigger up for this TBH.

When again! say 3 of 3 ends and play is selected it plays the third track again; should it not go back to 1?

Loving it though!!!

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:11 am
autolog offline

pocster wrote:
I know you're preparing for an Indigo 7 version but a a few suggestions if I may:

Of course, no problem - I welcome suggestions. :D

pocster wrote:
Realtime time remaining for track would be great i.e. a countdown from track length in seconds to zero .

The only reason I haven't done this is because I think it would be CPU intensive.The plugin would be doing an update every second to show the countdown.
No reason it couldn't be done - maybe I will set a user selectable option? I think previously I had made a suggestion to Matt that it would be good for this to be able to be done in the Indigo Client / iTouch i.e. to be able to set a field with an initial value and for the client to do the count down process to save having to interact with the server every second.

pocster wrote:
When a sequence ends (say) 3 of 3 ; artist name and 3 of 3 should be cleared or something - could probably set a trigger up for this TBH.

The plugin is just a controller for the Logitech Media Server (LMS) and behaves the same way as the LMS GUI. When the 3rd track ends, the info is still left in the LMS GUI (just tested).
The LMS GUI is available from <IP ADDRESS OF YOUR LMS>:9000 but I guess you already know this. :)

pocster wrote:
When again! say 3 of 3 ends and play is selected it plays the third track again; should it not go back to 1?

Again, this replicates the behaviour of the LMS GUI. Just tested with my Squeezebox Boom. :)

I am not saying it couldn't be changed but I think it would have to be a user selected option of some sort. :)

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:18 am
pocster offline

:D

Fair enough on all points. I did think the control page requesting an update per second for timer countdown was a rather lame way to do it. But as you said you could have an 'update every x seconds' or similar.

I haven't had a 'real' squeezebox for sometime so couldn't check my suggestions - they just seemed 'wrong' too me now. :roll:
So to do it the way I want I would need a 'start from beginning' icon? (i.e. start from 1st track; rather than just 'play'?)

LMS GUI leaving the 'last played' info in it is definitely wrong in 2017 :P
But I'm guessing I can't clear those (or set them to my own desired string) on a trigger for 'album ended' or similar???

thanks again!

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:40 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Second countdowns don't work very well through remote clients anyway - we don't do refreshes in Indigo Touch that quickly so second countdown end up only really updating every several seconds. While pushing those kind of updates quickly on a local network isn't a big deal, once you start going through a reflector it becomes more of an issue. There are a variety of ways of making this better, but the issue really doesn't come up that often so it's pretty low in terms of priority.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:43 am
autolog offline

poster wrote:
... So to do it the way I want I would need a 'start from beginning' icon? (i.e. start from 1st track; rather than just 'play'?)

You can setup an action: AutologSqueezebox Actions > Player Raw Command > <YOUR PLAYER DEVICE> > Edit Action Settings > playlist index 0
This will set the player back to the start of the playlist. So you could setup a Control Page button to run this action. :)

poster wrote:
.... But I'm guessing I can't clear those (or set them to my own desired string) on a trigger for 'album ended' or similar???

No, I will look at the an addition for the Indigo 7 version. :)

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:46 am
pocster offline

autolog wrote:
poster wrote:
... So to do it the way I want I would need a 'start from beginning' icon? (i.e. start from 1st track; rather than just 'play'?)

You can setup an action: AutologSqueezebox Actions > Player Raw Command > <YOUR PLAYER DEVICE> > Edit Action Settings > playlist index 0
This will set the player back to the start of the playlist. So you could setup a Control Page button to run this action. :)

poster wrote:
.... But I'm guessing I can't clear those (or set them to my own desired string) on a trigger for 'album ended' or similar???

No, I will look at the an addition for the Indigo 7 version. :)

Fantastic! thanks!

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:47 am
pocster offline

jay (support) wrote:
Second countdowns don't work very well through remote clients anyway - we don't do refreshes in Indigo Touch that quickly so second countdown end up only really updating every several seconds. While pushing those kind of updates quickly on a local network isn't a big deal, once you start going through a reflector it becomes more of an issue. There are a variety of ways of making this better, but the issue really doesn't come up that often so it's pretty low in terms of priority.

Appreciate that this type of implementation is about as low as you can go. Far more important things I agree! (control pages can be triggered!! for example :D :D :D :D :D ).

Appreciate your input as always Jay. I know you and Matt do a top job!

Page 1 of 1