"Error detected" - cannot get plugin to work

Posted on
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:13 am
autolog offline

Re: "Error detected" - cannot get plugin to work

Londonmark wrote:
Sorry - I was using / - was typing in a hurry from my iPhone.

Still clutching at straws; can you check that you are using the correct case e.g. Music instead of music etc.

I will look at adding in some error checking to make sure the path is OK and also will look at adding in the ability to turn Plugin debugging on and off.

Posted on
Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:00 pm
autolog offline

autolog wrote:
... I will look at adding in some error checking to make sure the path is OK and also will look at adding in the ability to turn Plugin debugging on and off.

OK - This is now done. Update to version 0.2.4 is available here :)

I have added 5 logging options to the Plugin ConfigUI which can be switched on as required. I have also added in a file check for playlists (message goes to event log on either successful play or playlist not found).

Still on the list to-do is to get the documentation up-to-date :wink:

Posted on
Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:50 am
Londonmark offline

Brilliant - that now works. A big thank you.

One very minor point with synchronised players: I have three players which are typically (though not always) grouped. I switch on the power for one of them, and the other two power on as well. I have a control page that shows the power state for each player, and I can click on the power state to toggle the player power. Ideally, in the case where the three players are grouped, if I switch on the power for one player, the power states for the other two would update - but at the moment they don't. Not a big deal at all. I'm guessing your code only returns the device state of the device where the power was toggled.

Posted on
Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:50 am
autolog offline

Londonmark wrote:
Brilliant - that now works. A big thank you.

It's good to know it is working OK :)

Londonmark wrote:
One very minor point with synchronised players: I have three players which are typically (though not always) grouped. I switch on the power for one of them, and the other two power on as well. I have a control page that shows the power state for each player, and I can click on the power state to toggle the player power. Ideally, in the case where the three players are grouped, if I switch on the power for one player, the power states for the other two would update - but at the moment they don't. Not a big deal at all. I'm guessing your code only returns the device state of the device where the power was toggled.

Not immediately sure about how to handle this. When you say that powering on one, powers on the others - how does this work exactly. Are the other players in standby or is it using wake-on-lan? When I switch on one of my Radios the other Radios don't switch on (even if they are in standby e.g. just showing the clock). I am sure I will be able to enhance the logic to more accurately show the player state - I just need to investigate a bit further.

As requested, I have now added volume control processing. See the new Actions starting 'Volume ...'. It is only for a single player at the moment - despite some actions having a checkbox to apply the action to all players in a Sync Group. The logic for this needs a bit more detailed work and an update will follow in due course.

New version 0.2.5 is available here. :)

Posted on
Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:34 pm
Londonmark offline

Volume working beautifully. Many thanks.

On the power status issue, in the LMS web-browser, in Settings > Player Settings > Synchronise there is an option to synchronise power. I use that for the three players that are typically synced (although I control the volumes of the three separately). In iPeng, for example, that means if I power on one player, the others all show as on.