Timeout waiting for response

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:13 pm
eriass offline

Timeout waiting for response

Hi,
I just moved the location of my Mac mini to the basement and after that I get a lot of errors and Indigo is really laggy and slow...
I still have the Mac mini connected with cable to the network so its nothing different in the communication..

Some plugins give some "timeout waiting for response", see below.

I have tried to disable the plugins below but indigo is still really slow and Im running out of ideas.....

Hue Lights Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 342, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 6264, in parseAllHueSensorsData
StandardError: ServerCommunicationError -- timeout waiting for response

Hue Lights Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
EPS - Homebridge Buddy Error Exception in plugin.onAfter_runConcurrentThread line 202: ServerCommunicationError -- timeout waiting for response
CODE: if indigo.devices[devId].states["restartPending"] and indigo.devices[devId].states["onOffState"]:

Hue Lights Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Error (client) timeout waiting for server response for request GetScriptFileList
Error (client) timeout waiting for server response for request GetScriptFileList
Error (client) received unexpected packet response GetScriptFileList (waiting for )
Error (client) received unexpected packet response GetScriptFileList (waiting for )

21 feb. 2018 20:11:21
EPS - Homebridge Buddy Error Exception in plugin.onAfter_runConcurrentThread line 202: ServerCommunicationError -- timeout waiting for response
CODE: if indigo.devices[devId].states["restartPending"] and indigo.devices[devId].states["onOffState"]:

File "plugin.py", line 349, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 5352, in parseAllHueLightsData

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:40 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Timeout waiting for response

What version of Homebridge Buddy are you running?

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:04 pm
eriass offline

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:51 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Try disabling that for a day and see if it's the cause. There is a bug, but I think it's only with my development version that nobody has access to, where a brightness change can cause similar results. I don't think that's your issue because it's usually very clear about how HBB cannot change brightness and suddenly Indigo goes into a tailspin, but try disabling and see what happens.

There's a replacement program that will be coming out of closed beta soon and if HBB is the cause then the new plugin should resolve the issue.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:42 pm
eriass offline

i will give it a try.. The only difference between now and before is that I have a monitor connected...
Thanks, I will let you know.

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:34 pm
eriass offline

I solved the issue.. Was a action script that checked status of a network device every 5 sec, when the device didn't answer it fucked up my system.. And of course I have checked "hide actions in event log".

Thanks anyway.

/Eric

Page 1 of 1