Xmas

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:01 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Xmas

Korey wrote:
Wow that great Dave! I'd like to get a USG pro 4 as well to replace my edge router.

Here's another pitch for the UniFi line and Controller.

I'm sitting on the train and wanted to remote log in to my Indigo server using the Indigo client and wasn't able to (Indigo Touch via the Reflector worked out of the gate). Picked up my phone and launched the UniFi app. Added a new port forwarding rule, hit save and counted to 10. Took maybe all of 30 seconds. Including the counting to 10 part.

Awesome.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:38 am
Different Computers offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
It's falls into HA only ...

I'm very disappointed. Clearly you're not thinking hard enough about what you could do with a dry contact sensor wired in place of the joystick. Time to start writing that BB8 plugin for Indigo, sir!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:25 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Clearly, LOL!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:32 am
DaveL17 offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Here's another pitch for the UniFi line and Controller.

Last piece of the puzzle was installed this morning--the UniFi Cloud Key. This allows you to run the UniFi Controller software from the key itself instead of needing an always-on computer. The key ships with DHCP turned on so I was able to easily include it in my network. As a part of the configuration process, it asks you if you want to restore from a backup which then puts you right where you left off. To be clear, you don't need to need the Controller running all the time to use this stuff, but I think it's totally worth it.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]