Samsung Washing Machine - Samsung Smart Home

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:43 am
johnpolasek offline

Re: Samsung Washing Machine - Samsung Smart Home

RogueProeliator wrote:
I think having a screen displaying a family calendar would be pretty cool - appointments, sports events, to-do's, etc. Of course, you could do that on ANY screen, but right in the middle of things on the fridge would be somewhat cool. Not cool enough to make me buy one, mind you, but neat.

So buy an Amazon Fire or droid pad, build a frame like the one in "Success Stories and Kudos" and slap it up NEXT to the fridge (and/or main entry/exit door, above the tv in the living room, or anywhere else family congregates) with an appropriate control page displayed... same effect for 3 grand less.

Posted on
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:31 am
RogueProeliator offline

So buy an Amazon Fire or droid pad, build a frame like the one in "Success Stories and Kudos" and slap it up NEXT to the fridge (and/or main entry/exit door, above the tv in the living room, or anywhere else family congregates) with an appropriate control page displayed... same effect for 3 grand less.

Like I said, I am not going to buy one for that price. If it were the same price as an equivalent fridge but had the screen, sure... but that also assumes I am in the market for one, which I am not.

Posted on
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:43 am
AndyVirus offline

Well back on topic :-) ... i have sent the Washing Machine back. Wifi is so flakey its not usable. Once it disconnects from wifi it never tries to re-establish connection. Also the samsung app is pure rubbish. Took me 7 attempts to create an account the. 5 attempts to pair the washing machine. Sent back. Also i thought i had ordered a washer drier and it was just the washer... the combo of the same model use the camera of the phone for the "smart" bit... sigh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:01 am
durosity offline

Shame.. but to be honest not surprised.. it feels like the 'smart' areas of these devices are an afterthought.. like someone thought 'we've made this washer.. oh crap, we were supposed to put in some wifi thingmebob.. whatever that is.. quick.. someone go get that intern and get them to build something'

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:40 am
AndyVirus offline

Yep. I was not surprised but as I had to get a new one, I thought i would get a connected one... Just so I can get an alert when the load was finished.
Turns out it did not do push notifications anyway (of it would work) just ability to control the washing machine or view the status. Pointless.
Its 2017 all and we still cant have more than a beep/tune to alert when the oven/washingmachine./microwave/appliance of choice is done... Marty McFly would be spinning in his grave...

Posted on
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:54 am
durosity offline

Yeah disappointing. One thing that MAY work for you would either be a z-wave power switch that monitors power usage or a Smappee device which measures the whole house for energy use. You could then setup triggers based on when it drops below a certain level for a certain amount of time. That's my plan eventually.. i have a smappee but have yet to really set it up properly. Perhaps one day i'll find the time to do it.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:58 am
autolog offline

durosity wrote:
Yeah disappointing. One thing that MAY work for you would either be a z-wave power switch that monitors power usage or a Smappee device which measures the whole house for energy use. You could then setup triggers based on when it drops below a certain level for a certain amount of time. That's my plan eventually.. i have a smappee but have yet to really set it up properly. Perhaps one day i'll find the time to do it.

My Smappee Controller plugin does enable you to monitor individual appliances -but yes it does need setting up. :)

Posted on
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:42 am
durosity offline

autolog wrote:
My Smappee Controller plugin does enable you to monitor individual appliances -but yes it does need setting up. :)

Yeah i've got it setup and the API key all installed.. just need to actually install the smappee device but my consumer unit is in the garage and that place is a MESS. A horrible, dangerous and scary mess. Frankly it looks like those hurricanes hit it!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:52 am
AndyVirus offline

That is what i have been doing... the problem is there is a cool down cycle and the drum keeps moving every now and then... I have this via Autologs plugin for Smappee but i have to admit I find Smappee to be a bit hit and miss. Better than just total usage by far but too many things erroneously show up as something else, particularly Washing Machine, Dishwasher, Microwave and the reall PITA, Induction hob.

May have to go the z-wave power monitoring socket use but they often have a watt limit so they dont tend to like heating elements, that an it would make the machine stick out that extra 2 inchs or more as the socket is behind the machine.

Posted on
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:29 pm
durosity offline

Yeah. One other thought occurs.. if you’re just wanting this to notify you when the load is done how about some sort of sensor that replaces/merges with the device that makes the beeeeep at the end?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:37 am
AndyVirus offline

yeah if it was a beeeep. that would be easy but the last 3 washing machines i had play a jaunty tune on completion... my daughter loves turning off the washing machine mid load as it plays a damn song! Child locks all buttons except off. Genius. So would be good to know she has done that. When the new one comes, ill see what that does on load done and on/off... Maybe i can do something along those lines but seem to be heading into Shazam territory to decipher the tune!

Posted on
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:10 am
durosity offline

Heheheh! Clever girl! Well for reference my Beko WDR754321W just makes a single long beep. It’s about 6 months old.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:37 am
johnpolasek offline

If you can get a hold of some of the OWL Intuition sensors, those can monitor a single circuit by clamping around a single wire either in the device, back at the circuit breaker or anywhere in between, and "there's a plugin for that" http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=9130&hilit=owl+intuition... the only problem I have with it is that I have to put a delay on the trigger because my washer pauses about 30 seconds between wash/rinse cycles before starting the spin which powerwise makes it look like it's done before it actually is. The dryer is no issue; I just set the threshold to 25 watts.