IFTTT with LAUNCH CENTER PRO

Posted on
Sat May 21, 2016 6:39 pm
george99 offline

IFTTT with LAUNCH CENTER PRO

I am trying to make IFTTT trigger Launch Center Pro to open a URL.
The URL would be a URL that controls a variable in Indigo.
The setup seems easy enough, however, it doesn't seem to be working using the Indigo URL.
I am using:
Http://username:password@192.168.0.26/v ... alue=false

But it is not working. I am thinking that it might be a login issue. When I plug that URL in directly to safari IOS, it gives me a phishing warning.

Any ideas?

Posted on
Sat May 21, 2016 8:06 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: IFTTT with LAUNCH CENTER PRO

I can't tell you how to fix it, but DAMMMMM, if someone knows, you've just figured out how to integrate a huge amount of Indigo with IFTTT!

EDIT: Sigh, no it doesn't. The only triggers for Launch Center are taps on your phone, right? There doesn't seem to be any way for LC to receive input from other IFTTT channels. :cry: :cry: :cry:

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat May 21, 2016 9:23 pm
george99 offline

I used it with Alexa. There is a channel or recipie (forgot which is which) that lets you use Alexa to trigger launch center.

Posted on
Sun May 22, 2016 8:17 am

Duh, this is what I get for posting when I'm half asleep. Yes, if you can get LCP to hit that Indigo URL properly, we can hook almost anything on IFTTT to it!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon May 23, 2016 10:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

george99 wrote:
Http://username:password@192.168.0.26/variables/myvariable?_method=put&value=false

Indigo's default authentication is HTTP digest authentication. The URL above implies HTTP basic authentication. Check with Launch Center Pro to see if they support digest authentication (since it's more secure).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 5:58 am
george99 offline

Ok, just saw these replies now. I will check with LCP later today and post an update.mhowever, even if LCP doesnt support digest, i can make ְa script on my server that when called will then call the indigo server using digest method. Seems easy enough.
I'll post an update when i test it.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 3:20 pm
george99 offline

Got it working!!!
No need for Launch Center as it is just a pain and I couldn't get it working.

Someone created a little Wordpress hack that makes a custom webhook.
https://captnemo.in/ifttt-webhook/

So IFTTT will think that it is posting a blog to wordpress.

I have it calling a custom PHP script that I built that calls my indigo server using digest authentication.
RIght now, I just tested it with changing a variable value, and it works.
So now using the same concept, I can pretty much make Alexa control anything in indigo with no device limit.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 3:22 pm
george99 offline

I was doing this so fast, I didn't even read the whole thing. You don't even need the wordpress hack. There is a chanell called "Maker" in IFTTT that will do this.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 3:52 pm
george99 offline

Ok, the one issue that I am having, regardless of if I use maker or WP is the "verbal variables".
For example, I want to dim the master bedroom lights to 20%.

I can say "Alex Trigger master bed lights on" and it will turn the lights on.
But if I say "Alex trigger master bed lights on to 20%", I don't know how to read that 20% and pass it to indigo.

Any ideas? I could make (up to 100) individual commands, for each light, but that would be rediculous and very time consuming. I don't know of a way to upload via CSV a lits of recipies to IFTTT either. So that is basically out of the question.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 9:31 pm

I'm not about to try it tonight, but I will tomorrow. Are there any tricks to setting up the Maker channel? It's hard to imagine it's that easy but I sure hope it is!

I'm also immediately wondering about the other way around: where indigo is talking to the Maker channel.

Posted on
Wed May 25, 2016 9:36 am

Is there a guide somewhere that will show me what is possible here based on what IWS can do based on an incoming URL request? I'm guessing anything that could be put on a control page could be triggered this way, but I don't know how to make that happen.

OK, I think I found it. This? http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id= ... stful_urls

Posted on
Wed May 25, 2016 10:02 am

All right, once again IFTTT's maddeningly unhelpful error reporting has stymied me. Though the Maker channel was very easy to set up.

Indigo's restful API documentation shows "http://127.0.0.1:8176/devices/office-lamp?toggle=1&_method=put" but IFTTT requires me to declare, via a drop down menu, if it's a put, a get, or something else. So I don't know if I should remove put, =put, method=put, _method=put, or &_method=put from the url.

IFTTT also wants me to declare what it is I'm sending from several options: application/json, application/x-www-form-urlencoded or text/plain. I guessed the latter.

Also, I discovered that almost all of my devices have spaces in their names. Insert %20 for each space?

Finally, no idea about digest authentication.

I'm way, way ahead of my knowledge here, but I see huge potential expansion if I can understand how to make this work. For one thing, though it's going the other direction out of Indigo rather than in to it, Logitech Hub is supported by IFTTT. Suddenly a whole new AV integration for Indigo!

Annnnd sending TO IFTTT works a trick: curl -X POST https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/TVon/with/key/[my secret API key] just turned on my AV system!

Posted on
Wed May 25, 2016 7:21 pm

OK, still plugging at this.

Trying to put a couple of things together from the documentation I reference above.

Code: Select all
curl -u username:password --digest X PUT -d isOn=0 http://192.168.0.6:8176/devices/Torchiere

gives me an error including "access denied" BUT also includes something that makes me think it's interpreting special characters from the password (which I obviously can't share) as part of a curl or bash command. Or possibly expanded the password characters into another bash command!

<html>
<head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>
<html>
<head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
   <head>
      <title>Indigo Home Control Server</title>
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
      <link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" type="text/css" href="/css/global4.css" />
      <link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" type="text/css" href="/css/indigo4.css" />
      <link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" type="text/css" href="/css/fonts.css" />
   </head>
   <body>
      <center>
   access denied
      </center>
   </body>
</html>

Posted on
Wed May 25, 2016 10:42 pm
george99 offline

Hi, i didnt try having indigo send something to ifttt. Cant think of any use for that, so i never tried it.
As for digest authentication:
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, CURLAUTH_DIGEST);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "USERNAME" . ":" . "PASSWORD");

In maker, set to post, application/json.
I passed the variables in the URL.

Posted on
Wed May 25, 2016 10:49 pm
george99 offline

Also, as for light dimming. Ifttt's alexa chanel will NOT pass voice variables.
Meaning, if i say:
Alexa set living room light to 20%. It wont pass the 20% as a variable. Just as one complete phrase. Hopefully they add it down the line.
So you can make some dim presets.

But i dont dim that often, so what i did was creat and indigo var that stores a generic brightness level.
Then i create an alexa command like "alexa trigger dim living room lights".
My php script will contact the indigo server to get the brightness value, and then set the light to the variable's value.

This is easier than creating presets for every light. I have about 40 lights in my house and it would take forever.

You can pretty much do any indigo action with this. I got my alarm, garage doors. I can do thermostats, but again the variable issue. You could just say up 1 degree or down 1 degree.