Integration with sleep tracker?

Posted on
Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:25 am
katiaf offline

Integration with sleep tracker?

Has anyone worked on integrating their Indigo system with a sleep tracker? I don't have a sleep tracker yet, but I was thinking of getting a sleep tracking device (or an iOS app and use my iPhone as the device). It would be amazing if it can be integrated for automatically turning off the lights when one falls asleep, or for turning on the coffee machine when one wakes up!

It would be great to get suggestions for sleep trackers and/or integration ideas. Thanks in advance!

Posted on
Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:24 am
stoffergoffer offline

Re: Integration with sleep tracker?

Yes, i've been thinking about this as well.
I've been looking at this http://lunasleep.com/ for which they are gonna release an API, making it possible to potentially create an indigo plugin.

Posted on
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:14 pm
akimball offline

Thought I should avoid opening a new topic for this...

My family has now gone all-in with the Withings technology...except for their watches because we have apple watches. We now have a withings smart body analyzer, both the old and new blood pressure monitors (BPM and BPM Connect), and the Withings Thermo temporal thermometer. Today our Withings Sleep Trackers arrived. Until we got the sleep trackers, it never occurred to me to want to integrate some of this with Indigo (maybe via IFTTT), and I’m more than happy how all of this integrates with Apple’s Health app.

With the Covid19 epidemic in full swing, we closely monitor our health daily and use the contact-free thermo multiple times a day. All this health info funnels into the Apple Health app and also uploads directly to our primary care physicians.

We have watched the news reports which are beginning to indicate that nearly 100% of those who have died from Covid19 are either diabetic or pre-diabetic, which occurs more in older adults....worrisome but useful information. The Withings sleep trackers integrate with IFTTT to control functions in the home when we go to bed and when we get up. Therefore the act of simply getting into or out of bed can trigger devices like heat blankets, humidifiers, CPAP technology, lighting, and other... and the home could even be programmed to set the security features...interactively.

I’m not sure how to utilize the thermo or the scale with home automation...unless I wanted to auto-lock the fridge whenever BMI rises above 30.... or lock the doors for 2-weeks in case somebody’s temperature hits 101F. Doable but probably not smart.

Any creative ideas out there? Is IFTTT easy to use with Indigo?

I probably need to get out more...oh wait.

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:43 am
Wizard Sleeve offline

Hi I already do this with the Withings Sleep Mat via IFTTT, THen its turns on the bedside lamps for 10mins and then slowly dims them. Runs security measures, we have automatic music come on when entering our bathroom near the bedroom and I now have it set that that volume is lower if someone is in bed.

This all works great but what doesnt work great is the connection between IFTTT and Indigo. It just randomly stops working and can only get back to working by resetting both of the plugins that communicate with IFTTT (UP and DOWN). So ive setup up schedules and a action in IFTTT that will send a command from indigo to IFTTT and IFTTT will send a hello back. Ive allowed for delays in the return by 1m which I think is a fair amount of time for it to return. I run this action every 12h and its nearly always dropped in that time. Ive set notifications to prowl to let me know its dropped and how many resets it takes to get going again (Sometimes up to 5). Anyone else experiencing this. This Sleep mat is the only thing i need to communicate with VIA IFTTT.

Lee

Page 1 of 1