Shareable Request Link…..

Posted on
Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:24 pm
Peter Beyt offline

Shareable Request Link…..

Hello nice people,

I was hoping someone could help me with a little code I need.
I have been working on an AI television station front end based on Indigo.
It's perfect for the project and is showing signs of more versatility and ability than the million dollar packages that are basically play list engines.
One of the features is the ability for users to post video clips via email that get broadcast almost immediately and with enough contributions
get a special feature assembled from them.

Here's my need:
I need to send a shareable piece of most likely HTML code with a little Icon image in an email to the contributors.
I hope for the code to do two things:

1. stuff the clip post number into an indigo variable from unknown platforms on the web
2. and at the same time redirect the broswer to the web site.

I am running an unprotected indigo server just to handle the like, search and request buttons on the page.
I know the chances I'm taking there, but this server just passes the info to a protected network.

So if you have a moment and know a clean way of doing this, I would appreciate a good working example that I could build on.

Thanks! This is a great community of people. I wish more people in the world were supportive to each other like Geeks!

Peace

peter

Posted on
Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Shareable Request Link…..

Why would you want Indigo in the mix at all? Seems like you just want some kind of web app to do the UI/forwarding...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:45 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Shareable Request Link…..

Since Apache is included with Mac OS, I'd probably use Apache and PHP for something like this. If you want an example of how to execute AppleScript from PHP (which could then change an Indigo variable value), then see this forum thread. Definitely not exactly what you are doing, but it might help get you pointed in the right direction.

Page 1 of 1