[ANSWERED]Trigger my AC

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:21 am
mbrihed offline

[ANSWERED]Trigger my AC

Hi!

I have several door sensors (Fibaro and Sensitive) and I am trying to figure out the logic in Indgo (Quite new to Indigo).

What I am trying to achieve is, if any of the door sensors is "Open" for more than 3 minutes it should switch of the AC that is in the room where the sensor is.

I looked into timers etc but I want to know for how long the "On" state of the sensor has been and if it is over 3 min it should set the AC off.

/M

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Trigger my AC

You're going to find there are a multitude of ways to accomplish this. Using just the built-in functionality in Indigo, you could:

1. Create a Device Group with each of the sensors in it, and set it such that the group goes ON when any device is on.
  2. Create a timer with a default countdown of 3 minutes. You'll use this to trigger the AC to turn off when it expires.
  3. Create a trigger that watches for the Device Group to go ON, and start the timer running.
  4. Create a trigger that watches for the timer to expire, and when it does, turn off the AC.
  5. Create a trigger that watches for the Device Group to go OFF, and which stops the timer (which will not cause the trigger expires trigger to fire).

So, in english, you have a Device Group which represents the state of the 3 sensors: it turns ON if any of the sensors go ON, and it goes OFF when all of the sensors are OFF. That gives you the two events you want to know about: when any door opens or when all close. You use a timer to delay the AC turn on command by starting the timer when the device group goes on, and when the device goes off, you stop the timer (which keeps it from expiring, and if it's not running then nothing happens). Finally, you have a trigger that turns the AC ON when the timer expires (it got to the end of it's countdown without being stopped first).

[MODERATOR NOTE] moving to the How Do I forum since the question isn't about variables specifically.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1