Send me cam image on ring motion

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2017 11:40 pm
kelmk offline

Send me cam image on ring motion

I'm sure all the parts are there to do this but I'm new to Indigo so bear with me.
I want to send myself a still image to my phone from my security camera when the the Ring doorbell detects motion.
I see there is a Ring plugin so that part is easy.
The second part is grabbing a still image from a Swann dvr security camera stream. I haven't tested yet but I should be able to find the address for the rtps stream from one of the ip cameras. Need to figure out how to extract a still from this.
Then I need to send it to my phone I guess with sms or if that doesn't work than by email. iOS image notification would be amazing but that doesn't sound feasible.

Of course if the Ring pro would just allow access to the video stream or do this natively it would be a hell of a lot easier :P
Thanks!

Posted on
Thu May 18, 2017 7:07 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Send me cam image on ring motion

There's a plugin for Messages. You might also want to look at the Security Camera Plugin.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri May 19, 2017 9:12 pm
kelmk offline

Re: Send me cam image on ring motion

The iMessage plugin is really cool. Is there any way to send an image with it?

Page 1 of 1