Just add power plugin

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:24 am
vtmikel offline

Just add power plugin

Hello,

I've built a plugin for the Just Add Power (http://justaddpower.com) HDMI over IP distribution system. I'd be surprised if anyone else in the Indigo community were using them, but I've posted my plugin for others to use in case I'm wrong.

https://github.com/mlamoure/Indigo-Just-Add-Power

Mike

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:34 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Just add power plugin

Doesn't matter if one or 100 people use a plugin - the fact that the community continues to contribute to the ecosystem is what makes Indigo great! We definitely appreciate any and all contributions.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:09 pm
siclark offline

Would love to use it if someone would buy me the kit
Sounds like it solves some of my problems but for now I will stick to my Neet and Lindy setup.

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:11 pm
vtmikel offline

siclark wrote:
Would love to use it if someone would buy me the kit
Sounds like it solves some of my problems but for now I will stick to my Neet and Lindy setup.

I won't claim it is cheap but the products are pretty awesome.

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:16 pm
siclark offline

I guessed as much from their description but when distributors only let you see pricing after logging into their sites I gave up trying to see.

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:17 pm
vtmikel offline

siclark wrote:
I guessed as much from their description but when distributors only let you see pricing after logging into their sites I gave up trying to see.

They connected me with a "distributor" that let me buy and self install. They typically sell to installers but as long as you are comfortable with basic networking you can self install these.

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:03 pm
roussell offline

Just add power plugin

I had looked at these a while back and like others, was discouraged by the distributor-wall. Glad to read that there are ways through it, and thanks for the plugin!

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by roussell on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:45 am
smurfless1 offline

I find the coolest toys in these forums.

db

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2018 11:21 am
vtmikel offline

To the hundreds of users of my JAP plugin (haha)-

Version 1.1 adds image pull client capabilities into the plugin. Since the just add power system is IP-based, you can easily grab still images of any HDMI Transmitter or HDMI Reciever to see what is being watched. However, since the images are uncompressed BMP images, they are not supported in Indigo. The plugin can now enable image pull on each device, download and convert the images so that they are stored locally on your Mac, at an interval configurable in the plugin. Once this is setup, the images can be easily embedded in a control page easily.

I've been doing this for quite some time, but through custom python scripts. It's now a supported feature.

Example attached.

Mike
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 1.11.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 1.11.35 PM.png (912.84 KiB) Viewed 4263 times

Posted on
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:00 am
vtmikel offline

Version 1.2 is now posted to the plugin store. It adds support for the new "B" line of firmware called JustOS. This doesn't add new features, but shifts some of the actions available in the plugin to using ReST interfaces over telnet commands to execute.

The previous "A" line of firmware remains active within the plugin. However, since I don't have any devices now on this prior firmware build, I will not be supporting it.

Page 1 of 1