Graphite data logger

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:38 pm
tadg offline

Re: Graphite data logger

[quote="elov"

I'll get the code uploaded if anyone is interested with a small guide of how I setup InfluxDB and Grafana locally on my Mac mini running Indigo.

[/quote]

I'd appreciate this, grafana / influxdb feels to me to be a better fit than mysql. Being able to add tags to a device or variable would be cool. I'm about to implement grafana/influxdb at work, so for once I can use my hobby experience at work instead of the other way around.

Tad

Posted on
Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:11 am
jh71283 offline

@elov, if you send over a pull request, I will happily integrate it into the main library.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:34 am
PeteVis offline

elov wrote:
I'll get the code uploaded if anyone is interested with a small guide of how I setup InfluxDB and Grafana locally on my Mac mini running Indigo.

I would love to see a simple guide how to set this up. I have been searching all over, but all the info I find is overwhelming, and scares me off.
A basic tutorial on how to use this specifically with Indigo would certainly be more accessible to newbies like myself...

Posted on
Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:47 pm
qcvictor offline

PeteVis wrote:
elov wrote:

I would love to see a simple guide how to set this up. I have been searching all over, but all the info I find is overwhelming, and scares me off.
A basic tutorial on how to use this specifically with Indigo would certainly be more accessible to newbies like myself...

Hi Guys, small howto will be great, regard, Vic

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:46 am
Gusten offline

+1

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:43 am
elov offline

Sorry for the delay guys!

My MBPr broke down and I've been waiting for a replacement so all my regular coding activities have been paused for a while. But I hope I can get the code pulled so jh71283 can integrate it soon as well as a simple setup guide. The new MBPr is on its way and should arrive with UPS next week.

Posted on
Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:57 am
Gusten offline

Hi

Probebly a stupid question, but is this plugin compatible with influxDB ?

I Have never worked with influx or Graphite so i dont know if its the same thing or differnt.

The reason for asking is i did set up an influxDB and tried, and it seems like the plugin is sending its data (When i turn influxDB off i get error) so i know it comunicates with the database.

But if i undérstand correctly you create the database by Name in influxDB, but there is no option in the plugin were i set wich database to use.

So it seems like the plugin get an connection to influxDB but dont know were to put the information, or at least i cant find it?

/Martin Gustafsson

Posted on
Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:39 am
Gusten offline

Hi again, i find out that you can recive graphite data to influx by enable a service, and it did work

So now i can use grafana with InfluxDB with this plugin

Thanx

/Martin Gustafsson

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:09 am
radekw13 offline

Hi there,

This is a cool plugin.

I wanted to share what I did over a year ago to get graphs in Grafana. I wrote a script that gets a list of variables and devices from indigo (API), then tails the sqlite database and gets all values. It outputs json document which is parsed by Logstash and values are inserted into Elasticsearch. I chose this solution because I get precise timestamps from sqlite when the values are changing and I see all the data points on my graphs. Additionally, some devices have more than one value (thermostats output current temperature, humidity, and all setpoints) and I wanted to capture and graph all those.

The script is in https://github.com/radekw/indigo_scripts git repo but it lacks the documentation on the setup process for Logstash and Elasticsearch.

I would love to see indigo also write a log file of device and variable changes (in addition to sqlite database). I was thinking about writing a plugin to do that but I wasn't sure where to begin and whether it's possible to subscribe to the data somehow. Let me know if my script can be somehow turned into a plugin.