Ecobee Plugin

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:13 am
zaiks offline

Re: Ecobee Plugin

A little update on the topic: Ecobee is allowing to add 16 thermostats via 2 accounts (as I understand something similar to Nest's main house and summerhouse). So I have to join some zones...
I can achieve 2 account setup via the similar renaming process as done with Hue bridges http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13304

Now there are still 2 problems remining:
- polling regulation
- accurate setpoint canging

Any ideas?

Posted on
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 pm
blysik offline

I'm still losing authentication to the Ecobee servers failrly often. (every couple days) And I'm running with the patch earlier in the thread.

Any ideas on how we can fix this?

Posted on
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:10 pm
NewfD90 offline

Same here. I'm about to give up on it.

Interestingly, just before I ditched my Vera for Indigo, the Ecobee plugin for Vera had the same issue.

Posted on
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:33 pm
blysik offline

I wouldn't mind so much if I just had an easy way to know I needed to re-authenticate.

Posted on
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:39 pm
NewfD90 offline

Same here. To combat that, I added matplotlib and have it plot the Ecobee's sensor temperatures. I figure I can look at the graph and see when it stopped authenticating by the static temperature value...

Posted on
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:49 pm
rapamatic offline

blysik wrote:
I wouldn't mind so much if I just had an easy way to know I needed to re-authenticate.

One way to check this is by looking at the update date on the ecobee device. I run the following python script every night as one of my standard scheduled management events.

Code: Select all
import datetime
HVAC = indigo.devices[1385910042] # "Ecobee: Downstairs"
Updated = HVAC.lastChanged.date()
Today = indigo.server.getTime().date()
Diff = int((Today-Updated).days)
indigo.server.log("Ecobee Check: Updated: " + str(Updated) + ", Today: " + str(Today) + ", Difference: " + str(Diff))

if int(Diff) > 1:
   recipient = "myemail"
   subject = "Ecobee out of sync with Indigo"
   message = "You'd better fix this"
   indigo.server.sendEmailTo(recipient, subject=subject, body=message)
   indigo.server.log("Ecobee out of sync, email sent")

Posted on
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:16 pm
blysik offline

Thanks! Set that up right now.

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:47 am
allengray offline

I have been experimenting locally with a few bug fixes for the Ecobee plugin and worked up some improvements.

Anyone interested in testing fan support on their Ecobee3 installation?

Posted on
Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:51 pm
dustysparkle offline

FYI, I've committed a GitHub pull request that aims to fix the re-authentication issue. That's available in the latest release, available in GitHub or on the Indigo Plugin Store.

[Sorry for the delay in responding here--for some reason (likely my own user error) I didn't get notifications about the postings.]

Posted on
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:42 pm
allengray offline

I've committed my proposal for fan support into the repo as branch allengray-fan-support.

It works by setting a hold temperature with the fan on and returns to normal with a 'resume' call.

Let me know if anyone needs help with it.

Posted on
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:26 pm
danowitz offline

Hi, Wanted to check in and see if anyone has seen the following error when using the plugin with an Ecobee 3 lite.

Dec 7, 2017, 9:24:02 PM
   Error                           device "Upstairs Thermostat (Upstairs)" state key humidityInput1 not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Upstairs Thermostat (Upstairs)" state key humidityInputsAll not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Upstairs Thermostat (Upstairs)" state key humidityInput1 not defined (ignoring update request)

Posted on
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:15 pm
danowitz offline

danowitz wrote:
Hi, Wanted to check in and see if anyone has seen the following error when using the plugin with an Ecobee 3 lite.

Dec 7, 2017, 9:24:02 PM
   Error                           device "Upstairs Thermostat (Upstairs)" state key humidityInputsAll not defined (ignoring update request)

I shutdown indigo and restarted it. This forced a column update in the SQL Logger and the error has not come back.

Joel

Posted on
Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:22 pm
wmldwilly offline

I'd love to test fan support. I assume I can refer to what you posted above and set it up myself? That is after searching for what I'm guessing is some sort of patch to try to keep the plugin authenticated...

I had a nice chat with an ecobee support engineer like 2 or more years ago asking for the simplest of things: add to their "run x minutes every hour" fan automation a "between the hours of x and x" option. Our fan needs to cycle the air in the house a few times while we're gone for the day at work/school, but NOT overnight when it wakes up the babies (or the wife...or the guests...now that the babies aren't such babies anymore.) The person was super enthusiastic and tripping all over themselves to thank me for the idea...and nothing ever happened.

so here we are, all this time later, trying to make the ecobee plugin do it in a timed fashion. So yes, I'd love to test it. :)

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:02 pm
allengray offline

Working with the plugin maintainers to add the fan support capability to the Ecobee plugin.

There are four changed files in the branch, for the adventurous these can be viewed under https://github.com/jdhorne/indigo-ecobee-plugin/compare/master...allengray:allengray-fan-support

Some additional fixes coming shortly and then the branch will be merged into the master soon.

If you want to try it sooner the above link shows the mods, but I expect we'll be able to get it to everyone and then I'm considering looking at the Ecobee weather forecast pieces to expose that through Indigo as well.

--
Allen Gray

Posted on
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:02 am
wmldwilly offline

Hiya! I'm sorry to bother, but I've just updated the ecobee plugin and encountered the following log entry:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 166, in get_thermostats
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 46, in get_thermostats
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

it seems things are working, but thought I'd run that up the flagpole to see if it's something I need to be clearing up. I'm not sure what it's trying to tell me, so if it's an issue, I'll need a little guidance...

TIA!

WM

Page 6 of 12 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12