Ecobee Plugin

Posted on
Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:51 am
BillC offline

Re: Ecobee Plugin

Once you install, you'll need to get a PIN from the plugin configuration page and enter it on the Ecobee web site to authorize access

Can someone advise me how/where to do this? I've found two possible areas: Add a new thermostat (the website doesn't recognize the PIN) and the Access restriction (which only accepts numbers).

Has the website changed somehow or am I just missing something? :(

Posted on
Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:08 am
FlyingDiver offline

https://www.ecobee.com/consumerportal/i ... l#/my-apps

(it's the "My Apps" item in the pull down menu from the icon in the top right corner)

Then the "Add Application" button.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:46 pm
BillC offline

Thanks, Joe. Worked fine.

Posted on
Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:15 pm
towsled offline

This last weekend I purchased an Ecobee3 thermostat and decided to try this plugin. Excellent plugin and works great! I do have a question though; I noticed that the thermostat device in Indigo does not have an "occupancy" trigger event (or at least I can not find it) like the sensors do. I was hoping to trigger events in the room where my thermostat is located by accessing the thermostat's occupancy sensor; is there a way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan..

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:04 pm
MKuchnic offline

I've installed the ecobee plug-in and it works very well. The remote sensor feature of the plug-in allows me yo know when someone is in the basement and set some lights, etc. in the basement.

I'm planning on adding an I/O line to sense the station my alarm and then have the thermostat set to away mode, and I discovered it's not working. Any plans for adding this, or should I just set the temperature lower instead?

Thanks
Mark

Posted on
Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:27 pm
Jann offline

Having issues turning fan to "ALWAYS ON" from "auto on".

I choose ALWAYS ON from the dropdown, the green line bops back and forth in the status section then the "controls" section re-updates back to "auto on"

Anyone else having this issue?

BTW: Lost control no the 15th, didn't notice till today. had to remove app from ecobee site and re-gen pin and redo the addition.

Jann

Posted on
Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:34 am
brlandy offline

For anyone experiencing the disconnect issue, you might try testing with this patch (one line change) to Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/ServerPlugin/plugin.py:

Code: Select all
@@ -73,7 +73,7 @@
                        self.pluginPrefs[ACCESS_TOKEN_PLUGIN_PREF] = self.ecobee.access_token
                        self.pluginPrefs[AUTHORIZATION_CODE_PLUGIN_PREF] = self.ecobee.authorization_code
                        self.pluginPrefs[REFRESH_TOKEN_PLUGIN_PREF] = self.ecobee.refresh_token
-               else:
+               if self.ecobee.refresh_token == '':
                        self.pluginPrefs[ACCESS_TOKEN_PLUGIN_PREF] = ''
                        self.pluginPrefs[AUTHORIZATION_CODE_PLUGIN_PREF] = ''
                        self.pluginPrefs[REFRESH_TOKEN_PLUGIN_PREF] = ''

I've been running with this change since Jan 2 and have not needed to re-authenticate.

Brian

Posted on
Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:38 am
Jann offline

How would we apply this?

Posted on
Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:51 am
rapamatic offline

brlandy wrote:
For anyone experiencing the disconnect issue, you might try testing with this patch (one line change) to Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/ServerPlugin/plugin.py

I've been running with this change since Jan 2 and have not needed to re-authenticate.

Brian

Thanks Brian. I'll put this in tonight to test.

If it works for a few of us, maybe you can submit a pull request to Jason?

Posted on
Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:57 am
brlandy offline

Yes, I'll definitely submit a pull request. Since I can't be 100% sure the patch worked so thought getting more feedback before submitting would be helpful.

As far as how to apply, you can edit the file directly and replace that one line (#76). The above patch provides some context so you can be more certain you are in the right spot. You are changing:
else:
to:
if self.ecobee.refresh_token == '':

The full path of the file to edit is:
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/plugin.py

Be sure to keep the indenting unchanged.

Posted on
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:39 pm
rapamatic offline

That change is working fine for me. No issues so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:45 pm
MKuchnic offline

Hi...
I just installed v1.1.1 and I noticed the changes to the controls. The "resume from all holds" works great! Unfortunately the "set away mode" still doesn't work. :cry:

I ran into a problem with v1.0 when I tried to set the temperature (I'm running the thermostat in Celsius) and I think that may have been the problem. I had to totally delete the thermostat and remove the app from the Ecobee site to stop the thermostat from rebooting every half hour. I'll do some more testing with this version and try to see if it happens again.

Thanks for the update!
Mark

Posted on
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:22 am
dvottero offline

I can also confirm that in 1.1.1 the setAwayStatus isn't working -- I'm getting a "plugin does not define method setAwayStatus".

Otherwise, very awesome plug-in! Kudos.

Posted on
Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:02 pm
mclass offline

Ecobee Plugin

Hi,
Have just attempted to install this plugin, on Indigo 7 running under OSX 10.10.5. The plugin fails to start with the following event log entry:
 Ecobee Error                    Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/pyecobee/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/__init__.py", line 59, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/models.py", line 21, in <module>
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/request.py", line 5, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name UnrewindableBodyError

Stopping plugin "Ecobee 1.1.1" (pid 315)
   Stopped plugin "Ecobee 1.1.1"

I suspect that it may be an issue with my Python install, as initially urllib3 was absent - I installed it with
 sudo pip install urllib3

But my Python skills are non-existent, so maybe someone can correct the error of my ways!! :oops:

Thanks in anticipation!

Posted on
Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:11 am
mclass offline

All sorted! Updated Python 2.7 & re-installed urllib3, rebooted. Deleted the plugin & reloaded. All appears to be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 12 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12