Ecobee Plugin

Posted on
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:17 am
wmldwilly offline

Re: Ecobee Plugin

rapamatic wrote:
blysik wrote:
I wouldn't mind so much if I just had an easy way to know I needed to re-authenticate.

One way to check this is by looking at the update date on the ecobee device. I run the following python script every night as one of my standard scheduled management events.

Code: Select all
import datetime
HVAC = indigo.devices[1385910042] # "Ecobee: Downstairs"
Updated = HVAC.lastChanged.date()
Today = indigo.server.getTime().date()
Diff = int((Today-Updated).days)
indigo.server.log("Ecobee Check: Updated: " + str(Updated) + ", Today: " + str(Today) + ", Difference: " + str(Diff))

if int(Diff) > 1:
   recipient = "myemail"
   subject = "Ecobee out of sync with Indigo"
   message = "You'd better fix this"
   indigo.server.sendEmailTo(recipient, subject=subject, body=message)
   indigo.server.log("Ecobee out of sync, email sent")

THANK YOU for that python script! I've never added a script to my indigo setup (aside from some simple applescripts a long time ago that are long gone now...) and I appreciate you sharing that.

Posted on
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:04 am
rapamatic offline

wmldwilly wrote:
THANK YOU for that python script! I've never added a script to my indigo setup (aside from some simple applescripts a long time ago that are long gone now...) and I appreciate you sharing that.

You’re quite welcome. I’m glad this has helped a few people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:31 am
wmldwilly offline

It did take me a minute to link up in my (tired) mind that "key id" in the script is the same as "device id" in the indigo database...NOT the "address". :P

Funny thing about the GUI I noticed: neither the address field or the device id field is selectable/copyable in the main window. Neither is the address text selectable/copyable in the edit device window, nor is either the address or the device id/key id shown at all anywhere in the tiny little modal "edit device settings..." window. Weird. It felt so 1989 to be forced to make the main window and the device ID column visible, move the script editing window away from it so I could see both, and type the device id in manually. I want my copy and paste! :P

I'll have to go put that in the feature requests list. :P

Thanks again!

WM

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:12 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Right-click on the device in the device list and you can copy the ID.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:37 pm
mclass offline

Hi,

Have installed the latest version (1.1.2), but continue to experience the re-authentication issue on a regular basis.

Whikst tracking down another (unrelated) issue, I observe the following message in the Console log:

14/12/17 12:23:50.053 PM com.perceptiveautomation.IndigoServer2: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:120: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/late ... ormwarning.

Are you aware of this, and is it possible this is the cause of the re-authentication issue? Otherwise the plugin is very useful (I've got hydronic heating without a fan!!!)

Mclass

Posted on
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:19 pm
allengray offline

Hey friends,

Wanted to pass this along - If you're using the Ecobee plugin you will be experiencing numerous failures in your Indigo log today ..

Looks like Ecobee is upgrading something on the API host and has redirected it to their public webserver and put up an image.

Soo, all Ecobee API requests will be failing with a certificate complaint:

Ecobee Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 440, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 262, in updateAllDevices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 277, in updateServer
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 106, in updatable
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/pyecobee/__init__.py", line 312, in get_thermostats
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/api.py", line 67, in get
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/api.py", line 53, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/sessions.py", line 468, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/sessions.py", line 576, in send
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/adapters.py", line 447, in send
<class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'>: hostname 'api.ecobee.com' doesn't match either of 'www.ecobee.com', 'ecobee.com'

Ecobee Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Stay tuned, this should get better. It's one of the major tradeoffs in using something cloud based, we can't talk directly to our thermostat and are subject to their maintenance.

--
Allen Gray

Posted on
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:54 pm
wmldwilly offline

jay (support) wrote:
Right-click on the device in the device list and you can copy the ID.

weird...the right click isn't giving me any contextual anything. i'm screen sharing from off premises into that machine though so I'll try it in person later.

thanks for the pointer though!

Posted on
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:16 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Try holding down CTRL key while clicking.

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:01 pm
wmldwilly offline

I was, funny man. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It works great...locally. Whatever was going on over VNC I don't even want to know. I won't try to add python scripts from across the country next time. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Happy Holidays!

WM

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:44 pm
billchurch offline

This was working fine for a time, but I noticed my numbers were stale for temperature and mode. I tried reloading and re-authenticating and can't seem to get her to work. Getting this error after plugin/device deletion and the attempt to recreate:

Code: Select all
   Ecobee Error                    Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1179, in deviceUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 201, in deviceStartComm
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 133, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 92, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 172, in updateServer
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 125, in _update_server_occupancy
IndexError: list index out of range

Ecobee Error                    Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1179, in deviceUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 201, in deviceStartComm
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 133, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 92, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 172, in updateServer
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 125, in _update_server_occupancy
IndexError: list index out of range

Any ideas?

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:53 pm
billchurch offline

False alarm. Looks like i just picked the wrong thermostat type... :/

Nice work on the plugin!

Posted on
Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:13 pm
midd offline

When configuring the plugin, which setting am I suppose to pick for the Ecobee 3? The Ecobee Smart Thermostat or Ecobee Thermostat?

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:05 pm
allengray offline

For the Ecobee3, the 'Ecobee Thermostat' choice is the way to go.

The 'Smart' is actually for the earlier 'Si' model.

--
Allen Gray

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:14 pm
midd offline

Thanks for the info. I switched it earlier and noticed the 2nd room sensor temp was added. Nice touch!

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:41 am
wmldwilly offline

I've installed what (I think to be, and what indicates is) 1.1.2, and when trying to manipulate the fan state to "always on" from the device window I get no reaction at all in the logs or at the thermostat, and after a short wait the "fan" drop-down list changes from the "always on" entry I set back to "auto on".

I'd have posted a log entry...if there was one. I turned log debugging entries on and nothing seems to happen at all.

I'm not sure where to turn next. I did try adding the thermostat again and nothing changed. I can manipulate the heat and cool points, change modes, but not affect the fan at all.

Any advice much appreciated!

W

Page 7 of 12 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12