Messages app plugin

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:14 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Messages app plugin

Try making your props a dictionary rather than a list and do it before the call and simply pass the dict to the executeAction rather than building it there. You used "[]" instead of "{}" for your definition, so list instead of dict.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:17 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

rycardo wrote:
Could it be your mix of single and double quotes?

You can single and double quote interchangeably in Py, and it comes in handywhen you need to quote strings so these two statements are accurate:

Code: Select all
indigo.server.log ("Hello '{0}', I'm very happy to meet you".format("Joe"))
indigo.server.log ('Hello "{0}", I'm very happy to meet you'.format('Joe'))

rycardo wrote:
you might need quotes or double quotes around your JSON data.

That's not JSON data, it's a Py list as he pasted it and a Py dict as defined by the Indigo API.

Of course it's been a long day of coding and everything is blurry so he could have written C++ as far as I know :lol:

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:22 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You're very close: deviceID (the second param) should be deviceId in the executeAction call (notice the lowercase 'd' at the end):

Code: Select all
messagesPlugin.executeAction("sendMessage", deviceId=184726458, props={'message':"Hello Bruce", 'service':"E:*******@gmail.com", 'handle':"+15555551212"})

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:53 pm
bhough17 offline

Nailed it.

Thanks

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:48 pm
rbdubz3 offline

Thanks for the nifty plugin @gazally - Any chance it can be used to send a jpeg image or wav audio file in addition to text?

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:33 pm
Different Computers offline

I'm not entirely clear about the structure of this plugin. Does/will Indigo's AppleScript deprecation cause this plugin to stop working?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:38 am
Seeker offline

i've been using this plugin since it was released. yesterday i rebuilt my mini with mojave and I must be missing something. I cannot find the select the Run Indigo Message Plugin Action in the AppleScript handler list. in messages/settings.

any idea what i'm missing now?

###Installing the Messages.app handler AppleScript

In order to receive messages from the Messages application, go to Preferences on the Messages menu, choose the General tab, and change the value of "AppleScript handler" to "Open Scripts Folder". Look where you unpacked the .zip file earlier, and you will find an .applescript file. Copy it into the scripts folder, then close and re-open Messages Preferences, and select the Run Indigo Message Plugin Action in the AppleScript handler list. Due to a bug in Messages, new messages will not always reach Indigo if Messages is in the foreground, so put an Indigo window in front of it.
Attachments
messages settings Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 6.34.31 AM.png
messages settings Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 6.34.31 AM.png (139.59 KiB) Viewed 3302 times

Posted on
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:22 pm
GlennNZ offline

Messages app plugin

Seeker wrote:
i've been using this plugin since it was released. yesterday i rebuilt my mini with mojave and I must be missing something. I cannot find the select the Run Indigo Message Plugin Action in the AppleScript handler list. in messages/settings.

any idea what i'm missing now?

###Installing the Messages.app handler AppleScript

In order to receive messages from the Messages application, go to Preferences on the Messages menu, choose the General tab, and change the value of "AppleScript handler" to "Open Scripts Folder". Look where you unpacked the .zip file earlier, and you will find an .applescript file. Copy it into the scripts folder, then close and re-open Messages Preferences, and select the Run Indigo Message Plugin Action in the AppleScript handler list. Due to a bug in Messages, new messages will not always reach Indigo if Messages is in the foreground, so put an Indigo window in front of it.

It has been removed by Apple!. Had the same issue and was using iMsg a fair amount.

Have written a new plugin for Mojave - iMessage Plugin - in the plugin Store.
Or linked github for latest release - using wit.ai for natural language processing - will be in plugin store soon.

See it’s thread - does everything and more! Slightly different way of operating though - check the instructions, or post if need help.

viewforum.php?f=297

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:11 pm
Seeker offline

thanks Glenn, that was easy. up and running again!!