MQTT Gateway Plugin

Posted on
Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:05 am
yassi offline

Re: MQTT Gateway Plugin

Hi Jeremy,

well, finally it's working on my old 10.6.8 Mac, it seems so, an updated c-ares library was available and brew was also udated, and so I was able to install mosquitto.

I've fired up a trigger (just for testing, have no device yet, fighting with NodeMCU's...) and sent messages from a Mac MQTT client. Works well! Thx!!!

But: is it possible to somehow forward the message content, let's say via Prowl or something else? In some situations it should be handy.
Or am I missing something? :roll:

Yassi

Posted on
Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:07 am
jeremyjjr offline

Hi - not directly in the plugin. But there is no reason you couldn't write your own listener using the python library to take any action you desire!

Happy coding!

Jeremy.

Posted on
Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:08 am
yassi offline

jeremyjjr wrote:
Hi - not directly in the plugin. But there is no reason you couldn't write your own listener using the python library to take any action you desire!

Happy coding!

Jeremy.

Ok, Thanks!

Yassi

Posted on
Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:52 am
yassi offline

Hi Jeremy,

well, finally I have one NodeMCU running, it sends the temp.
More will follow. :lol:

But as I can see, the plugin doesn't like "umlauts", in my case "Küche"--> kitchen.
It it possible you add this to a new version?

Thx in advance,
Yassi
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-28 um 18.47.21.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-28 um 18.47.21.png (34.58 KiB) Viewed 8078 times
Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-28 um 18.48.01.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-28 um 18.48.01.png (167.85 KiB) Viewed 8078 times
Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-28 um 18.46.12.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-28 um 18.46.12.png (121.3 KiB) Viewed 8078 times

Posted on
Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:41 am
classicmac offline

First of all thanks for building the MQTT Gateway Plugin. It is exactly what I was looking for. I'm using it to control some WiFi controlled outlets I've flashed the firmware on to utilize Homie/MQTT.

Are the "Sensor Controls" Turn On/Turn Off buttons functional for MQTT Gateway devices? They are greyed out on my device. Is there a way to get them to send a publish?

Posted on
Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:12 am
jeremyjjr offline

The Sensor buttons are not linked. You can create an action to publish to a specific channel if you want ... That should cater for most needs around scheduling, triggers or control pages?

Posted on
Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:44 am
yassi offline

Jeremy, can you fix please the issue with the Unicode characters (Umlauts) when you have the time?

Thanks,
Yassi

Posted on
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:11 am
classicmac offline

Would it possible that the sensor buttons could be linked in the future? I'm hoping if those were linked control using the Amazon Echo plugin would work seamlessly. Otherwise I believe I would need to create a device for the MQTT topic, an action group for on, an action group for off, then a virtual device that references the on/off action groups.

I just got 10 WiFi outlets so that would result in the creation of 40 items. I'm sure that adding the functionality would help more than just me. Hopefully it isn't too much work to do.

Another thing that would be useful would be allowing the configuration of the string returned from a subscription that changes the MQTT Gateway device to on/off. The WiFi outlets I am using return true/false as opposed to on/off. I was able to modify the firmware to return on/off but it may not be as easy for other devices.

Posted on
Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:58 am
Coolcaper offline

Hi,

Thanks for the plugin. Downloaded and set it all up. I am trying to connect to a Dyson Pure Link fan. It uses MQTT. It also has a username and password that I must supply. Anyway I can do this via the plugin?

Posted on
Fri May 05, 2017 1:12 am
steinis offline

Thanks for nice plugin!

Is it possible to add variables to the message sent from Indigo? I want to send popup message to my LG-tv. Example: The temp outside is 15 degrees.

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:47 am
Vangelis offline

Ermm, call me a 'thicky', but how do you install the MQTT plugin? On the GitHub site there is only some python files and some xls files. I cannot find in Indigo anyway to install a plugin that is a .py file

Vangelis

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:33 am
autolog offline

Just click the green Clone or download button on this page: https://github.com/jeremyjjr/mqttGateway and select download zip. Unzip it and the mqttGateway.indigoPlugin is in the extracted mqttGateway-master folder. :)

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:48 am
Vangelis offline

Thanks Autolog that worked a treat.

I have installed the local Mosquito Broker and also have a Mosquito Client(?) installed on another machine. I have setup a Device as mqttgateway and assigned a topic etc, however the address is 'undefined'. Does this take the address from the Broker Hostname entry? If so I have set this to the IP of my Mosquito Client and to localhost - tried to publish the 'On' state (within the topic) and the Device status doesn't change?

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Vangelis

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:00 am
Vangelis offline

Sorry - Forget last post - I had the Topic set incorrectly

Vangelis

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:17 am
Vangelis offline

Quick question - I am using MQTT to send a variable (other than On / Off) in the hope that topicMessage is updated. However when I set a trigger to capture this Device event (using the Topic Message dropdown) it doesn't work (and the debug does show the inputted msg but not as the new value of topicMessage?

Any ideas

Vangelis

Page 5 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9