Global Property Manager

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:05 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Global Property Manager

jay (support) wrote:
True - but your solution also fails because it doesn't allow any numerics.

Curses! Failed again.

See? I told you I didn't understand regex that well (or apparently at all.) :oops:

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:20 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

regex is quite tricky, but once you get it it's extremely powerful.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:58 am
turtle offline

I've started using GPM and was a bit discouraged. I added the first key to a device. I wanted to add that exact key to another device, in fact, to all of my devices, however, that key did not appear in the Global Property drop-down. Do I really have to enter each key manually for every device that I have? I wanted to add about a dozen global properties to each of my 70+ devices.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:29 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

turtle wrote:
I've started using GPM and was a bit discouraged. I added the first key to a device. I wanted to add that exact key to another device, in fact, to all of my devices, however, that key did not appear in the Global Property drop-down. Do I really have to enter each key manually for every device that I have? I wanted to add about a dozen global properties to each of my 70+ devices.

Yes, you'd need to add them individually. I can't envision any UI that would make managing 840 individual properties easy/less painful though.

Creating/managing that many properties sure sounds like a task for a dedicated plugin to me. What would you be using to update them? What would be using them?

What I will do is put the Global Property Manager plugin up on our GitHub repo where others can contribute to it (I'll try to get that done next week). One thing that would probably be useful would be to add API Actions (new for Indigo 7) to add/update/delete global properties so one could perform those operations from a script or another plugin.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn