Beacon: a Geohopper/Beecon plugin

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:28 am
mlooss offline

Re: Beacon: a Geohopper/Beecon plugin

Remove the device and it will be created automatically. Make sure in the iOS app website Notify is enable and you are using POST, you need to scroll down to see this setting inside the web service on the app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:29 am
mlooss offline

Is the firewall enabled on your Mac mini, if yes you need to allow port 6192?

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:19 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I tried to but when I save the page with my webservice information, I get a connection error: Could not connect to server. Please try again in a few minutes. I have tried repeatedly with no luck. Is this a geohopper server problem? Two other questions. Do I select Post or Get? What does the Execute Locally switch mean?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:13 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I gave up on Geohopper and switched to Beecon. Beecon is a much better app with more polish, ease of use, and more understandable. But, I can't get it to work either. I am getting URL Action Error. In the region settings, I have Call URL http://pennwood155.us:6192. This is the WAN IP of my Mac where Indigo is running. Under More options, I selected Use URL actions with POST vars. Any suggestions?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:36 pm
mlooss offline

Yes, Geohopper's service is temperamental at times. They introduced a subscription model a few month ago but very costly, so I started to look for other solutions and ended up with Geofency. My GeoHopper hadn't been working and then all of a sudden it did, even past the deadline for the required subscription and it is still working today, figure? I have Beecon but it crashes immediately after I open it and yes I deleted it and installed it again, but same result.

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:45 am
wideglidejrp offline

I tried limiting the problem to the just the LAN to try to figure out what is going on. When I go to 192.168.86.96:6192 with a browser, I get a 501 error, Server does not support the GET method. Not sure what that is telling me? Is this a plugin problem or something else?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:40 pm
mroest offline

Thanks! from my iPhone (using Geohopper) it works perfect! however my wife has an android phone so I installed Locative there.

It does come through the firewall but the Indigo log shows an error
Didn't recognise received data. (User-agent: okhttp/3.4.2, Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded)

any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Posted on
Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:08 pm
davelebbing offline

This is a nice plugin. I posted a write up of my experience using it with Geohopper and Proxidyne beacons on the Twocanoes blog: https://twocanoes.com/using-beacons-home-automation-indigo/

Posted on
Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:07 pm
noel1983 offline

Love this plugin, think this will be the missing link in me sorting presence. Especially dwell time ie stopping lights turning off when the kids are in the loo for too long!!

Just ordered some beacons from beacon zone here in the U.K. so will post back how I get on

Posted on
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:49 pm
philipbasile offline

I've been using this plugin with geohopper and have had great success with it. Recently I noticed that its not automatically creating new location devices in indigo. Does anyone know if this should still be working ?

The locations I have fire fine, but new locations dont auto create.

Thanks

Posted on
Thu May 20, 2021 2:25 pm
jltnol offline

Port Issue

So I've just moved my server to a new computer, and have been using Geofency and Beacon for years to trigger locations stuff. Now I can't get this plugin to work. I'm sure the router is set to forward port 6192 to the Indigo Server, and I'm sure the firewall on the server is turned off, but when I cross one of the geofences, I get an error in Geofency saying Could Not Connect to Server. And in Indigo, the plugin is missing at least the Config dialog. So not sure what the issue might be.. don't now how to check to see if that traffic is actually reaching the server... (no reason why it shouldn't...) or if Indigo is blocking that port internally for some reason.

It was working with my previous set up a day ago... and now.... not at all.

I understand this plugin is no longer in development, but still hoping someone might have a clue....

Posted on
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:46 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Updated/revised plugin discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=216&t=26416

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177