Clipsal C-Bus plugin (0.0.1)

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:31 pm
peteinau offline

Re: Clipsal C-Bus plugin (0.0.1)

Hi Kieran,

Very cool! Very excited about this, about to install it in yet another friends home now as it's been VERY stable for me.

I did have one question that I'm not sure if you can answer or not, but I haven't figured out how to deal with it yet, which is using some of the c-bus switches around the house to control other things. For example, I have a switch in the garage that opens the garage door and turns the lights on. This all works great, except for when I'm trying to use a c-bus switch to control a hue light.

I have a trigger on the c-bus switch that if the state updates, then check if the hue light is at the same brightness, if not then change the brightness to match. I also have a trigger on the hue light that if it changes to check if the c-bus switch is at the same level then change it. The problem happens because of the translation from brightness level (%) to the C-Bus (which is a function of the 254 level), then what happens is it goes back and forth until it matches which is about 80% when the math balances out. Any ideas how to make that work more effectively?

Thanks and I really appreciate your work!
Pete

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:32 am
broadk offline

Pete,

I've seen this issue before and the plugin should handle it with some changes to your configuration. You've got two triggers updating the same device state within the plugin. When the hue trigger updates the Indigo device state we send a message on to the c-bus network to update the DLT. The plugin then sees this message come back to the plugin (from the c-bus network) as a new c-bus state change which updates the device again. You end up with a looping behaviour as described. The answer is to configure your c-bus trigger to use the "Group Manually Changed" event. This causes the trigger to ignore changes to the device state that did not originate from the network itself, e.g. those generated in response to the Hue changing.

In simple terms you'd have two triggers:

1. updateCBusToMatchHue: update the Indigo device to the correct level (%) when you see changes to your Hue light
2. updateHueToMatchCBusManualChange: use "Group Manually Updated" to trigger an update to your Hue only when a manual press occurred

Hope this helps.

thanks
k.

Posted on
Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:55 am
peteinau offline

Hi,

Hope you are doing well! I wondered if there was a way to execute a c-bus scene via the plugin?

Thanks,
Pete

Posted on
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:47 am
broadk offline

Hi Pete, apologies for missing your message all those months ago. A couple of questions if I may to determine if adding support for scenes is viable. According to the CGate documentation triggering a scene is very easy:

SCENE play|record scene-set scene

Example:

SCENE play conf1 allon

Can I presume you are storing configured scenes in a Wiser, CTouch or some other native C-Bus device? If so, would you expect to be entering these last two values manually into Indigo?

Of course, the simpler option is to define your scene in Indigo itself as an Action Group but you might have very particular needs.

thanks
k.

Posted on
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:41 am
broadk offline

v1.0.30 now available on github at https://github.com/KieranBroadfoot/C-Bus.indigoPlugin. This includes:

- Support for 5031PE (and family) Light Sensors via direct bus query (can be mapped to HomeKit LightSensor objects)
- Fixes to correctly handle HomeKit Bridge Light Switch behaviour
- Changes to the C-Bus Alarm Zone device to work as expected with HomeKit Bridge

Please note the plugin will automatically update convert your Alarm Zone devices. The result is that they can be mapped to any object exposing a onState in the HomeKit-Bridge Model Reference found at https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/HomeKit-Bridge/wiki/HomeKit-Model-Reference

This would include: Carbon Dioxide Sensor, Carbon Monoxide Sensor, Leak Sensor, Motion Sensor, Occupancy Sensor, and Smoke Sensor,

Improvements to support the Alarm Panel device itself are forthcoming.