InfluxDB plugin

Posted on
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:53 am
smurfless1 offline

Re: InfluxDB plugin

YOUR DASHBOARD IS SO MUCH COOLER THAN MINE! Teach me sensei!

I merged his changes so right now both forks of this should be either identical or similar. Thanks!

I'm going to suggest a couple things for the sake of simplicity for future users. It's not reasonable to have to modify the system python like I do now, and now that I -have- a better way, I'm going to streamline that as best I can. Meaning:
1. I'm going to suggest we move to the JSON Broadcaster Plugin coupled with the script mentioned in an above post, which I'll put a proper forum together for.
2. I'll do some cleanup to make it easier to set up, start and stop it with the system using standard Mac launch stuff, and so on.
3. We should REALLY get some cool dashboard samples, because seriously, that is so much better than my hacks.
4. Once all that is done we can deprecate this one that is just a little too fiddly to set up.

Be patient, this is a labor of love for me. I just tinker when the kids haven't exhausted me.

db

Posted on
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:04 pm
Colly offline

smurfless1 wrote:
2. I'll do some cleanup to make it easier to set up, start and stop it with the system using standard Mac launch stuff, and so on.
3. We should REALLY get some cool dashboard samples, because seriously, that is so much better than my hacks.
Be patient, this is a labor of love for me. I just tinker when the kids haven't exhausted me.

Looking forward to it. I've plenty of patience too.

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:49 pm
Asconasny offline

Hi.
Trying your plugin,

i keep getting this error:
Code: Select all
 InfluxDB Plugin Error           Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 134, in deviceUpdated
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/InfluxDB.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/indigo_adaptor.py", line 151, in diff_to_json
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/InfluxDB.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/indigo_adaptor.py", line 140, in to_json
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'boolean' is not defined

Any clue whats going on?

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:58 am
Juju offline

Hello smurfless,

I'm interested to set-up influxdb + grafana to work with Indigo.
By reading this topic, I understand you suggest to use JSON brodcaster plugin + the associated script instead of the initial plugin.
It's quite easy to install and set-up the plugin, but more complicated to set-up the script.
Could you give me more detailled information ?

Julien