GE Caddx NX-8E

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:57 pm
kw123 offline

Re: GE Caddx NX-8E

I have mine almost finished. Need to enable the sending of status changes in the nx system. Polling works.

Will post a version in the next days

In order to get your working you need the interface board nx584.
Then enable it on the alarm panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:54 pm
kw123 offline

I have the serial version NX584E. Don't not like to use the IP version = just bought the new system last week.
In my world alarm systems should NOT be connected to the "ether net" (internet)

The serial ports works very well. Will post an updated version

You have access to all info of the alarm system and can set anything you like..

But it must be in the vicinity of your indigo mac .. through serial cable ( 10m ) ?

Karl

Posted on
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:54 pm
kw123 offline

GE Caddx NX-8E

Yes I understand you can isolate the alarm system virtually. But I like to make it physically.

As for time. I believe you can set it from theme mac. And ntp would require internet access or you would need a local ntp server.

In my setup the mac is next to the alarm system. The comm is pretty simple. So guess a set up through serial-ip- aerial might work

The good thing is everyone has the choice to do what he/she believes is the best for them.

Posted on
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:40 pm
kw123 offline

have ordered

USRIOT USR-TCP232-T2 Tiny Serial Ethernet Converter Module Serial UART TTL to Ethernet TCPIP Module Support DHCP and DNS $15.94,

will check it out if it works.

Karl

Posted on
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:17 am
kw123 offline

This is a modified version from the original:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfe6ab0z6s2ne56/Caddx%20Security%20System-v-7.4.2.zip?dl=1

changes:
1. uses indigo 7 features i.e. bulk update of states
2. added error control around serial communication. went from 1/10 comm errors (i.e. when reading whole database) to 1/day (handles message too short = continue to read; received 1.5 package, continue to read, use 2. message) if read error persists re-try 6 times (has not failed yet)
3. changed zone device type to custom: state column shows read/green/grey for : tripped/ normal/ other
4. added states "lastTripped", "lastNormal" time stamp ==> you can see when the door last opened/closed
5. added "read all zones" action to update all zones at once
6. added "read all zones" to watchdog function
7. added support for other NX models, i.e. NX8v2 and other
8. added field to set the folder name for CADDX devices and variables in config
9. recycle 2 variables at reload (Caddx_receiveMessage / Caddx_sendingMessage) = delete and recreate to reduce the space in SQL history databases
10. fixed some smaller bugs
12. added -- readOnly comments to config, device edit screens to make it clearer which items can be changed

and all the credit should go to Ian, he did 99% of the work. This is just fine tuning

Karl

Posted on
Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:46 am
outsidenwnc offline

I have a NX-8V2, just ordered a 584 card and will be setting this up in the next week or 2 . - THANK YOU

Posted on
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:25 pm
kw123 offline

I guess do a sync very 5 minutes. If no answer it’s not connected.

Posted on
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:22 pm
kw123 offline

Ian,

which version are you using.. the original or my modified version?

Karl

Posted on
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:01 am
kw123 offline

Ian,
1. checking the connection: create a schedule/action request interface Config ... then check variable Caddx_securityState. That should do it

2. on # of zone. I do not see any limits (besides<999) in the plugin for # of zones. BUT I have only 8 zones, and no extension module, so I can not really test that

hope that helps.

Karl

Posted on
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:11 am
kw123 offline

Will check tomorrow.

Posted on
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:52 pm
kw123 offline

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7znyi3hwnrai6q/Caddx%20Security%20System-v-7.4.3.zip?dl=1

modified: all device dialog boxes go now from 1-32 instead of 1-8. hope that is enough.
not tested As I only have 8 zones /partitions

Karl

we can go to any number you like thats an easy mod

Posted on
Mon May 06, 2019 10:06 pm
kw123 offline

its easy to add event type 164,, but what should it show?
here the If event type... with a dded 164. copied 168
Code: Select all
           if deventType == 138:
                eventDeviceDescription = self.messageLogDeviceAddressDict(dzoneUserDevice -1)
                logEventMessagePrint = u"log event %s:      Loss of Supervision (wireless): %s,  zone: %s,  partition: %s  ** %s" % (deventNumber, eventDeviceDescription, (dzoneUserDevice -1), dpartitionNumber , timeLogEvent)
            if deventType == 139:
                logEventMessagePrint = u"log event %s:      Loss of Supervision RESTORED (wireless): %s,  zone: %s,  partition: %s  ** %s" % (deventNumber, eventDeviceDescription, (dzoneUserDevice -1), dpartitionNumber , timeLogEvent)
            if deventType == 164:
                logEventMessagePrint = u"log event %s:      system DISARMED: %s,  address: %s,  partition: %s  ** %s" % (deventNumber, eventDeviceDescription, (dzoneUserDevice -1), dpartitionNumber , timeLogEvent)
                if self.plugin.enableSpeakPrompts:
                    indigo.server.speak(sayDisarmed)
            elif deventType == 168:
                logEventMessagePrint = u"log event %s:      system DISARMED: %s,  address: %s,  partition: %s  ** %s" % (deventNumber, eventDeviceDescription, (dzoneUserDevice -1), dpartitionNumber , timeLogEvent)
            elif deventType == 169:
                logEventMessagePrint = u"log event %s:      system ARMED: %s,  address: %s,  partition: %s  ** %s" % (deventNumber, eventDeviceDescription, (dzoneUserDevice -1), dpartitionNumber , timeLogEvent)
                    indigo.server.speak(sayArmed)
            elif deventType == 173:
                logEventMessagePrint = u"log event %s:      entering program mode: %s,  address: %s,  partition: %s  ** %s" % (deventNumber, eventDeviceDescription, (dzoneUserDevice -1), dpartitionNumber , timeLogEvent)
                # update enter keypad program mode states in plugin perferences
                self.plugin.pluginPrefs[u"isKeypadProgramming"] = True
                self.plugin.pluginPrefs[u"panelStatus"] = "Program Mode (enter)  ** %s " % self.timestamp()
                variableID = "Caddx_panelStatus"
                panelStatusVariable = (u"Program Mode (enter)  ** %s " % self.timestamp())
                self.updateVariable(variableID, panelStatusVariable)
            elif deventType == 174:
                logEventMessagePrint = u"log event %s:        exiting program mode: %s,  address: %s,  partition: %s  ** %s" % (deventNumber, eventDeviceDescription, (dzoneUserDevice -1),  dpartitionNumber , timeLogEvent)
                # update exit keypad program mode states in plugin perferences
                self.plugin.pluginPrefs[u"isKeypadProgramming"] = False
                self.plugin.pluginPrefs[u"panelStatus"] = "Program Mode (exit)  ** %s " % self.timestamp()
                variableID = "Caddx_panelStatus"
                panelStatusVariable = (u"Program Mode (exit)  ** %s " % self.timestamp())
                self.updateVariable(variableID, panelStatusVariable)
            elif deventType == 245:
                logEventMessagePrint = u"log event %s:      registering module: %s,  address: %s,  partition: %s  ** %s" % (deventNumber, eventDeviceDescription, (dzoneUserDevice -1),  dpartitionNumber , timeLogEvent)
            elif deventType == 247:
                logEventMessagePrint = u"log event %s:      confirm alarm system time and date set: %s  ** %s" % (deventNumber, timeStamp, timeLogEvent)
            else:
                logEventMessagePrint = u"log event %s:      alarm event: (%s)  is out of range of event dictionary definitions byte 5: (device address %s),  byte 6: (partition %s)  ** %s" % (deventNumber, deventType, (dzoneUserDevice -1), dpartitionNumber, timeLogEvent)
                if self.plugin.alarmEventInfo or self.plugin.debug:
                    indigo.server.log(u"log event %s:      data dictionary: %s " % (deventNumber, dataDict))

need to change This:
Code: Select all

what would you like to have? see the other conditions. eg
logEventMessagePrint = u"log event %s: confirm alarm system time and date set: %s ** %s" % (deventNumber, timeStamp, timeLogEvent)
??

Karl

Posted on
Tue May 07, 2019 9:28 pm
kw123 offline

no.. your choice what to show ... do with it..

Karl

Posted on
Mon May 20, 2019 2:24 pm
bpamiri offline

Hi folks,

I had my NX-8v2 upgraded to an NX-8E and am now ready to connect it to my Indigo Mac mini. My Mac is going to be housed in the same location as the panel so I can go straight serial from the panel to the Mac. Can anyone that has done this, send me an Amazon link to the cable that can be used to setup the communication from the NX-8E to the Mac.

-Peter

Posted on
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:30 pm
farberm offline

Karl is this what you order to connect into the network?

https://www.amazon.com/USRIOT-USR-TCP23 ... B01GPMFXB2

If so what is the pinout for the serial cable to connect them to the board.

Also setting for network connection would be helpful.