What is the coolest feature of your Indigo setup?

Posted on
Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:47 am
Ericbo offline

Re: What is the coolest feature of your Indigo setup?

roussell wrote:
Ericbo wrote:
bighop wrote:
Very Cool.

I connected the garage link kit. Last night I went to a movie. Just after the movie I get a text that my garage was open. My son took out the trash and left the garage open. I sent him a text and closed the garage. That is a real piece of mind to know I can catch mistakes like that.

Thanks for sharing Bighop, may I ask what is the hardware ? (an open/close sensor on the door ?). Much appreciated !

Probably this one: http://www.smarthome.com/74551/I-O-Linc-INSTEON-Garage-Door-Control-Status-Kit/p.aspx

Terry

Thanks Terry !!

Posted on
Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:10 am
thedon offline

Home made Multi Zone HVAC
Attachments
hvac.001.jpg
hvac.001.jpg (84.89 KiB) Viewed 9174 times

Posted on
Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:55 am
Dewster35 offline

thedon wrote:
Home made Multi Zone HVAC

Curious what you're using for the dampers?

Posted on
Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:52 pm
Swancoat offline

Not mine, (saw this linked somewhere else...)

...but that sure looks like Indigo Mobile in #4. That guy's doing cooler stuff than me. :D

http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/shfk/swiffer ... your-house

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:11 pm
kw123 offline

1. "You 've got mail" voice when the mailbox gets opened on 2 macs (through triggerlinc and small magnet and magnetic switch connected to mailbox / mailbox cover). second mac reads the text in a file deposited by the indigo mac. ( "say" on other mac does not work properly, access rights problem)

2. Cat Fight Terminator (CFT). remotelinc 2 switch next to bed starts 2 sprinkler zones for ~ 8 seconds. ends any cat fight immediately.

Karl

Posted on
Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:42 am
durosity offline

kw123 wrote:
1. "You 've got mail" voice when the mailbox gets opened

For a touch of class, you could get the lovely Joanna Lumley announce ‘You’ve got post’ instead: http://www.genecowan.com/cacophony/audio/Gotpost.wav

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:36 pm
mundmc offline

After much toil:
1) I approach my apartment, EventSctipts detects my Bluetooth and changes a variable in Indigo via Applescript
2) I open the door, Insteon triggerlink activated, trigger checks to see if I am home, or if I am not home but nearby
3) Computer greets me with appropriate greeting for day of week, changes my isHome variable to true
4) Lights turn on if dark
5) IP camera (which points inside when I'm gone) receives 41 cURL commands via do shell script, turning it to point out my window, giving a very nice view of Manhattan
6) Cynical Cache Plugin (Perry rules) sends commands to my iTach IP2IR transceiver, turning on receiver and TV, then setting to inputs for watching Apple TV
7) AppleScript on my Indigo Mac server launches a full screen Safari window that displays an Indigo Control Page, containing Ironman themed: indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity (indoor via IOBridge, outdoor via NOAA Plugin), current album art and song info from iTunes, and updating images of above referenced view of Manhattan, and map of apartment with custom LED's for lights
8 ) Indigo runs AppleScript to activate Airplay, sending above referenced control page to my 64" TV (in my humble alcove studio)
9) iTunes begins playing
10 ) When I leave, SmartphoneRadar (also awesome) checks my airport, notices I'm gone, and shuts down the apartment (unless girlfriend home, whom Indigo knows), sending my phone a Prowl notification

My friends remind me what a nerd I am when they come over.

Second coolest thing: Saying something into Siri, proceeded by a keyword, and having Indigo repeat it in an English voice immediately. Fun for taunting friends.

Posted on
Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm
rlb2 offline

I use Netatmo additional Module in my wine room. I have indigo check (Thanks Berkinet!) the temp, if it goes above a certain temp (or the main unit fails) I have the additional AC unit kick in to save the wine. :)

I use SecuritySpy (Thanks Perry!) to turn on outside lights if motion is detected, Someone in the pool that shouldn’t be, etc…Also emails me

Use Insteon outside Module to turn on a single valve sparkler in our courtyard. Built a simple schedule based on Month. Auto turnoff the module gives me the duration for the sprinkler on.

For Closets, Pantry, Laundry/Utility rooms, I set the timer when the light is turned on, Dims to 80% after X Mins, and off if its not upped to 100%. (These also reset the Main Timer below)

The most Aha moment I had: I have a 60 Min Main HOUSE timer that is controlled by my 3 Zone Timers Zones (re-loads the main). These each get kicked off my either Motion Detectors OR Light Switches (yes using Light switch to detect motion). Each Zone controls a HVAC unit Temp range. If the timer expires in a zone, (i.e. no “motion” is detected” this Turns to HVAC to AWAY. If all timers in each Zone Expire, then the house goes into Away mode (Turns off lights/Sets Security/etc). A timer reset, resets the MAIN house timer (or reloads it).

Enjoy! I have been!

THANKS!

Rob