Using Alexa with Indigo

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:26 am
Chameleon offline

Using Alexa with Indigo

Ok, I thought that having an Alexa link would be cool, if not that useful in real life. I mean, who can't just get up and switch on a light switch? Well after the last few months of being mainly bed bound and finding it difficult to get around I can say that's me.

I can't describe how useful it's been to have the Alexa link, working through the Hue Bridge, that Jay released. It's worked perfectly and it's meant that I was able to interact with the house when needed giving me some independence. Now I'm better I've integrated it with Yoomi on my iPhone and can do lots of other things with Alexa.

So thanks to Jay for the plugin - it made my life a lot easier in the past few months!

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:46 am
Busta999 offline

Re: Using Alexa with Indigo

Chameleon wrote:

I can't describe how useful it's been to have the Alexa link, working through the Hue Bridge, that Jay released. It's worked perfectly and it's meant that I was able to interact with the house when needed giving me some independence. Now I'm better I've integrated it with Yoomi on my iPhone and can do lots of other things with Alexa.

So thanks to Jay for the plugin - it made my life a lot easier in the past few months!

Regards

Mike

Couldn’t agree with you more!

Don’t know about Yoomi, I did look at Yonomi, but was very uncomfortable sharing my Amazon user credentials.

I use Alexa to find and play movies, turn on Tv, turn on fireplace (a Tv with a fireplace app on it), turn on Home and Away house modes, charge up batteries for wireless tools (turn off when they are fully charged), turn on printer (turn off after 15 mins), turn on Goodnight Mode.

With 4 Echos around the house it is the primary interface for Indigo.

So yes very very happy with it all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:09 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Using Alexa with Indigo

Very happy it was useful to you. The great news which you may have missed is that @autolog has really taken over the plugin and made some great changes, primarily being that hubs are now devices and each one can support up to 27 devices so there's now no practical limit to the number of devices.

This plugin is a great success story not only of a very useful integration but of the power of the community to support open source plugins! So much thanks to @autolog for stepping in.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1