Indigo 7 Upgrade Kudos

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:16 am
Different Computers offline

Indigo 7 Upgrade Kudos

Here's an incomplete list of things I7 has achieved or improved for me:

A completely painless transition from I6 to I7. All I had to do was a quick open and save on each of my Hue lights, and copy over images from my old web server images folder to the new one. (A note in the install guide explaining whether any new images exist in I7 would be nice.) I had Indigo Touch open and running a control page on some old iPads when I did the upgrade, and they didn't even blink at the change--all I had to do was back up a few pages and there they were, just as before.

My exterior Aeon MultiSensor has been problematic about reporting for months under I6, probably because of its location. Either I7 just handles it better, or its Z Wave network optimization command made a huge difference. What had been getting updates about once a day is now updating regularly with every change.

My brand new Intermatic C9000 motion sensors were very very flaky about reporting changes to the on-off time as set by a hardware switch on them. With I7, Indigo now immediately noticed the settings. This is a big deal because the default before was 60 minutes from on to off after triggering, and in most cases my preference was for zero delay!

I admit it, I'm cheap. I have opened and port mapped my router to allow me to use Indigo remotely without the reflector. But the reflector, included in my UpToDate license, is nicer.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1