Why I didn't add Hue to my Harmony Hub

Posted on
Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:28 am
Different Computers offline

Why I didn't add Hue to my Harmony Hub

I was getting ready to connect my hue hub to my Harmony setup.

Then I realized:

The excellent Harmony Hub plugin reports state changes to Indigo. I just can't think of a situation where I would want to change lights with the Harmony remote that wouldn't already be handled by reacting to a status change from the HH plugin. And Indigo can react in ways much more flexible than can be managed with a couple of buttons on the remote!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:18 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Why I didn't add Hue to my Harmony Hub

Thanks for the success story!

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:57 am
BeeEss online

Re: Why I didn't add Hue to my Harmony Hub

Kudos to both the Harmony Hub and Hue plugins! I use them both extensively and have great results.

You may have saved yourself some frustration by not adding Hue to your Harmony hub. I did that back before I deployed Indigo, and the results were... less than optimal. Granted, this was not long after the integration between the two was first implemented, but my experience was that programming the lights in Harmony was a pain, reliability was spotty, and it generally seemed to gum everything up and make my Harmony setup slow to respond.

Page 1 of 1