Indigo helps to apprehend burglars

Posted on
Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:43 pm
AlaskaDave offline

Indigo helps to apprehend burglars

Lately there has been an increase of home burglaries in our neighborhood. Often times it is the same people hitting many homes. Today hopefully it will be their last for a while.

Years ago I installed Indigo so as to detect wildlife, most notably bears, and have slowly added new features over the years. While at work I received a notification that someone was home. Wondering if it was my wife and son I pulled up the camera feed and noticed a car I did not recognize. Soon I noticed the driver and passenger were out of the car and looking into windows and trying doors. While watching the camera I called 911, but the car pulled out before the police could arrive at our home. While viewing the video the police identified one of the two burglars and had seen him while in route. They soon found one of the two men fleeing from the vehicle in the video. Sounds like they may have our pillow case with belongings as well.

While being violated in this way does not feel good, I'm glad to know this happened before arriving home and being able to assist in their apprehension. Thank you Indigo Domotics!
Attachments
screenShot.jpg
The back yard camera, triggered by motion detector near back door. I knew at this point my home was being broke into. Total time in the house: 4 minutes.
screenShot.jpg (250.34 KiB) Viewed 3254 times

Posted on
Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:14 am
durosity offline

Re: Indigo helps to apprehend burglars

Wow, both brilliant and shocking at the same time!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:48 am
DaveL17 offline

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but glad that you and the wife are safe and that you were able to get these lowlives off the streets.

The video clip is priceless (apparently, these guys aren't rocket scientists either.)

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:58 am
kw123 offline

nice house and backyard!

Posted on
Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:07 am
eme jota ce offline

Congratulations on helping to get those guys off the street.

Having recently returned from a trip to your beautiful state, including Juneau, it appears there wouldn't be many places for them to flee, by car. We were told that the only way into Juneau is boat, plane, or birth.

I received a similar notice from Indigo while I we were in Alaska. Someone input the wrong code into one of the locks, so it send me a text via Google Voice plugin (prior to its recent troubles). I opened the Indigo app and saw, not robbers, but a cleaning crew, who forgot to skip our house that week. Nice to see that the system would have worked against thieves, though.

Posted on
Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:43 pm
AlaskaDave offline

Below are the four videos (best ones) captured during the break-in. Other videos included police on site checking out my property and clearing the home. At the point of arrival (video below)I switched over to live view (Remote Patrol/iOS App) and did not recognize the car in my drive way. Shortly after I received notification of movement in my backyard. Viewing the camera I new right away that these were not friends and my house was being broke into. I immediately called 911 after viewing Back of Hoe 2. While on the phone with dispatch I was concerned my wife would be coming home with my son as it was approaching 5pm. Dispatch asked me to hang up and call my family instructing them to not go home.

Unfortunately the police arrived after the burglars had already left, but the video my camera's provided led to the arrest of one "person" and the return of belongs of to two other homes that had been burgled earlier, just before my home.

I would be interested in hearing from others that have multiple motion sensors as a way of back up/redundancy.

Arrival: https://youtu.be/SpVcEyspLrw
Back of Home: https://youtu.be/QFIY4q16JNA (Arrested)
Back of Home 2: https://youtu.be/JfoS3SyeGy4 (At large)
Departure: https://youtu.be/uI7AyM9QlGw

Posted on
Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:54 am
johnpolasek offline

AlaskaDave wrote:
I would be interested in hearing from others that have multiple motion sensors as a way of back up/redundancy.
]

I live at the end of a quarter mile long private lane with two other houses on turnoffs before they get to mine. I have a Dakota magnetic driveway sensor buried beside the roadway 100 yards out tied into an EZIO 1x1 contact closure dector, all doorways with magnetic door open sensors wired into one of the rPis that do presence detection through PiBeacons, and 3 motion detectors; one insteon and 2 Aeon Z-wave 4 in 1s (I have a Z-wave 6 in 1 to replace the Insteon when (or if) V7 gets released). I'm running the ubiquiti Unifi system with 5 cameras under the eaves for external video security with the NVR running on an old headless Mac mini hidden on top of a cabinet... and working on a mutual mirror agreement over PtoP wifi with my closest neighbor. He's also the guy I'm going to call just before I call 911 if I ever see anything suspicious after an alert; all he has to do is park his tractor on the cattle guard between his house and mine and any bad guys become bugs in a bottle until the cops get there unless they want to walk out... If no valid beacons are present, I've got Indigo set to delay 90 seconds after the driveway alert triggers and 60 seconds after a door opens of motion sensor triggers before sending a pushover alert, with any valid beacon becoming active deleting delayed actions... since it takes 3 minutes for the beacons to "expire" after they leave the vicinity of the house, the system takes care of arming itself. Since the cams are set to refreshing URLs updating every 10 seconds (to keep the data rate down), I can take a quick look through Prism any time I get an alert; so far it's always been either somebody who missed the turnoff for Lyle's house, or the UPS guy, (and once my brother when the battery in his bluetooth tile died) but those have validated that the system works

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:24 pm
AlaskaDave offline

Update today, sounds like both burglars are now behind bars. Thanks to Indigo and Security Spy two crooks responsible for 50-60 burglaries are now serving time.

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:13 pm
howartp offline

*like*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1