Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:00 pm
aderrington offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

I'd also love to see a way to disable the system timeout on certain control panels as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:32 pm
bigredfred offline

Thanks all :)

Here's a gallery with the subpages (except the last one - it just shows some text boxes with outdoor & indoor conditions) - they're more function than form at this point, but they get the job done. The whole thing is pretty hackish, I just used the control page editor and dragged buttons around until it looked right. I'd often clone a blank button and overlap the clones to make larger buttons of the right size. That was a bit tedious, as I had to set the actions for each of the cloned buttons, as well as the text overlay.

If you're planning on doing something similar, I highly recommend installing XCode, as it'll install an iOS simulator on your Mac which you can use to quickly preview the page as you edit it.

For the frameless browser I'm using Frameless, which works great. The dock is a Belkin lightning dock that keeps the phone charged - works OK but the phone tips a little. I'm contemplating drilling a hole in the table to hide the wire.

I plan to do another one soon, using an old iPad, to replace an old Oregon Scientific weather display in my kitchen. I'll post that when I get around to it.

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:41 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

aderrington wrote:
I'd also love to see a way to disable the system timeout on certain control panels as well!

The timeout only occurs if the connection is over a reflector (it times out so that a bunch of bandwidth isn't wasted on a Control Page no one is looking at). So if this is on an iOS device in your house then I'd suggest trying to reestablish the connection directly to see if you can avoid the reflector being used. Updates will occur faster then, and it won't pause/timeout.

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

bigredfred wrote:
If you're planning on doing something similar, I highly recommend installing XCode, as it'll install an iOS simulator on your Mac which you can use to quickly preview the page as you edit it.

Another tip is to watch the updates live on the iOS device itself. Whenever the Control Page editor is open a temporary Control Page is created (with a prefix of _preview_) which you can view on the device via Indigo Touch (or in a browser). It will show live updates as you add/arrange controls.

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:43 pm
aderrington offline

I don't use a reflector. The system timeout still occurs wether on local or remote network.

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm confused then. What specifically do you mean by system timeout? That is, can you describe in detail what you are seeing and how long it takes before it occurs?

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:32 pm
aderrington offline

Hi Matt.

As per a previous request, (See viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14525)

If Indigo Touch implemented a query with the server so that you could enable/disable the auto-lock function of an iOS device.

Just like for a control panel you offer the option to hide the tab bar, if there was a check box to disable the idle timer - with the following code:
[[UIApplication sharedApplication] setIdleTimerDisabled:YES];
That would be great.

I'd be happy to discuss further if required. PM me for me info if required.

Cheers.
Andrew

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Gotcha, the screen lockout timer.

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:21 am
mschwarz344 offline

Hi all,

I've been using Indigo for several years now, but rarely post questions here. Either my HA is boring, or I usually figure it the answer on my own I'd like to think it to be the latter of the two. :D

So here is my question (and I apologize if it's been answered already, but I can't seem to track down an answer.): How do I add/use functioning sliders in control pages. I have created many control pages over the years, but they seem to be pretty much random. I look at the pages in this forum and say to myself: "self, I would like to create something impressive to post here as well".

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
~Mark

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:01 am
Sharek326 offline

Working on a New Layout not sure if I like it though. I finished the Media Page....

Yes V11 means 11th Version....I can't seem to find one I keep for long.

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:13 am
DaveL17 offline

mschwarz344 wrote:
Hi all,

I've been using Indigo for several years now, but rarely post questions here. Either my HA is boring, or I usually figure it the answer on my own I'd like to think it to be the latter of the two. :D

So here is my question (and I apologize if it's been answered already, but I can't seem to track down an answer.): How do I add/use functioning sliders in control pages. I have created many control pages over the years, but they seem to be pretty much random. I look at the pages in this forum and say to myself: "self, I would like to create something impressive to post here as well".

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
~Mark

Hi Mark - presently, there's not a direct way to use functional sliders on control pages. I think that some folks have created workarounds by using HTML outside of Indigo and linking the sliders to RESTful API calls. Otherwise, what you can do is something like this, where the up and down buttons add to or subtract from the slider, link to popup UI controls or whatever. You could even make the up and down buttons to be "invisible." This doesn't give you a functional slider, but it gives you a tap-slide which IMO is nearly as good.

Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 9.08.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 9.08.59 AM.png (9.33 KiB) Viewed 7378 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:21 am
DaveL17 offline

Sharek326 wrote:
Working on a New Layout not sure if I like it though. I finished the Media Page....

Yes V11 means 11th Version....I can't seem to find one I keep for long.

I like the layout very much. It's logical and it seems like the controls that I'd use most often are easily reached.

The color palette isn't really to my taste--I'm more of a fan of the blacks, whites and grays, but many folks find that too boring! :)

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:35 pm
hdfreak offline

My first shot at a control/status page.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 8.07.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 8.07.51 PM.png (300.3 KiB) Viewed 7110 times

Posted on
Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:42 am
howartp offline

Quite a house you got there, including electric car ;-(

Posted on
Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:52 am
durosity offline

Very cool! What kind of car is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Page 49 of 68 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 68